1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks real nice.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea those are nice, i was looking into it before i got my box, the theory of the srt4 neon is a good bang for the buck. but im happy with my slow low box. -=]

·
Registered
152 Posts
You made the right choice, especially if it's your daily driver. The SRT-4 looks good on paper and I loved mine for about the first 6 months. Then the loud exhaust (no stock mufflers, yay), bone-jarring ride, cramped seats, typically cheap Dodge interior, pull-me-over spoiler, etc. really wore out my nerves. I took a wrong turn coming back from Charlotte one night and ended up driving for 5 hours in that car. The next morning I didn't even want to get out of bed, and I was only 29 then. For me, that car was crap as my only ride. For a weekend racer, though, it would be great.

Also, I couldn't leave the house without someone trying to race me and I don't even live in an area where there are many tuners. The V8 guys seemed to know the car and respect it and they left me alone. But I always had stupid trucks and old rundown ricers trying to run me. If you're having a bad day it's fun to kick their butt, but sometimes you just want to go to the grocery store and back without some jerk trying to start trouble with you. I don't know if it's jealousy or what, but my SRT seemed to generate a lot of bad energy. That's what I love about the xB, it just makes me feel good when I drive it. I can't help but smile when I see that goofy little thing waiting for me outside.

Please don't think I'm totally hating the SRT, I'm really not. Like I said, it's an awesome second car/weekend toy kinda thing. For me it just wasn't livable day-to-day. I don't miss the high cost of tires and insurance, either. I will say this, though--it's the only car I've owned that never had one single problem. Not even a squeak or a rattle, and I drove it pretty hard sometimes. Granted I didn't own it long, but my other cars have always needed minor (or in Nissan's case, major!) warranty work. I've only had my xB less than a week, but I hope it turns out to be that tough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.