Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive had the Fujita SRI installed for a month or so now. Noticed a lil bit of extra power on the highway but not much else.

Lately though, when I have been at lights or at intersections where I need to merge or cross traffic, it seems as if my car doesnt want to move. I press down the gas, but the car just kind of revs a bit and barely gets going. I feels like the car is bogging down or going to stall (although I drive an auto).

Im trying to figure out whats wrong... or if there is even a problem.

Is the intake not functioning correct? I also thought that I might have lost some torque due to the intake, but if this was the problem, wouldn't it happen all the time?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
When was the last oil change? Make sure ALL hoses on the intake are clamped down. Is the intake the only power mod you have?

Anyways, if you haven't shortened the throttle cable yet, I suggest it. That in itself could be your problem.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When was the last oil change? Make sure ALL hoses on the intake are clamped down. Is the intake the only power mod you have?

Anyways, if you haven't shortened the throttle cable yet, I suggest it. That in itself could be your problem.
interesting you mention oil change, since I had it done on Sat morning. then it bogged as I was leaving the dealership. then it bogged twice on Sunday.

i also have a header as my only other power mod. ill check the hoses after work today...

anybody else?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
hmmmmmmm

Could be the filter from factory had to much oil on it and your fouling the sensor
you can clean the tiny wire w/q-tip and rubbing alcohol but BE VERY genital you don't want to break then buy a new one. if the filter is over oiled you could take off filter element and place it in brown bag, then blow the excess out w/air hose from the inside out. Using a brown bag will allow you to see how much has come out. bogging down shouldn't be from an oil change. sounds more like the sensor is getting coated and reading wrong and messing up the air/fuel mix. Driving it to long w/fouled sensor will fry the sensor and there expensive. :rolleyes:

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Could be the filter from factory had to much oil on it and your fouling the sensor
you can clean the tiny wire w/q-tip and rubbing alcohol but BE VERY genital you don't want to break then buy a new one. if the filter is over oiled you could take off filter element and place it in brown bag, then blow the excess out w/air hose from the inside out. Using a brown bag will allow you to see how much has come out. bogging down shouldn't be from an oil change. sounds more like the sensor is getting coated and reading wrong and messing up the air/fuel mix. Driving it to long w/fouled sensor will fry the sensor and there expensive. :rolleyes:

hahahahahahah! You said genital.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.