Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to get some springs,

what do you guys have, how much, and how do u like them?

i would still like to drive normally as well, it is my daily driver.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
Hey Rick, i just ordered some Tanabe DF210's they were the nicest size drop i could find without spending a boat load of money for some coil overs or air suspension. The drop is 2.2 in the front and 2.0 in the back. I got mine from www.intensescion.com their local for me. The shop is Intense Morotsports. so i had to pay tax, but you can get them shipped for $150. Youll find most everything is about $150. hope this helps.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing, I'm going to keep my car on 15s, does anyone with the DF210s have probs with speedbumps or anything like that. I have a condo, so I deal with them everyday...

I'm still inbetween the Tanabes and Tein S-Techs....

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any pics of the tanabes on 15's ?

would i be able to go up and down curbs, speedbumps, potholes, etc...?

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ i know what u mean, my other car is my race/showcar and i cant drive it normally.

i hate seeing the gap in the wheel wells of the daily driver xb.

what do u think about the eibach or tein springs?
i dont want my shocks to bottom out, or be busted either.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
im very confident in my spring purchase. i think the Tanabes will do me good. Originally i wanted to get the Tien S-Tech springs. but i wanted something more. which i found with the tanabe's. there are ALLOT of reputable spring choices out there. one so suite your every need. from racing, to comfort.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not looking for racing.

comfort would be nice though.

i still want to drive normally for the most part.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My friend has teins, I have nothing bad to say about them. They basically feel stock except the car is lower. He's had them on his xB for about a year and has had no problems, and is going to be putting them on his new RS4 also.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the megan springs are geared more as racing springs and have a spring rate of like 2305872349586235lbs.

Rick. the Tien H tech springs do not offer quite the drop the S-Tech springs do or the Tanabe. But the ride is supposed to be far superb to other brands of spring.

·
Registered
379 Posts
They also don't let the car sit level unless you have tons of people or crap in the back. Plus you could hide a person in all the wheel gap that is still there after you put them on.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.