Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple hundred dollars to spend. I will eventually get both but what first?

Rear Sway bar (what brand and ease of install - no drilling)
-OR-
TRD springs (is there another brand of springs that offer a 30mm-ish drop, I only want to drop it a little - roads are crap here).

Thanks
-PF

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just installed tein H techs today, and I beleive they have the same drop as the TRD's. I can still go over speed bumps and rough roads arent a problem either.

·
Registered
339 Posts
yeah, h-techs are a smooth ride and only lower just over an inch. The progress rear sway was an easy bolt on that made a huge difference. No box should go unlowered IMO, but the rear sway was one of the best driving mods I did. So,m I'm no help. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
i jst recently ordered the progress pack from partshippers.. 2" drop with the rear sway.. i'm installing it this weekend.. but from what i've heard.. definitely drop the car.. change the rear shocks for a smoother ride.. and buy the sway bar to raise up the handling..

thats why i love this forum so much!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With installing lowering springs, at what point do I need a re-alignment. How low a drop that is, 1" 2" 3"?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm leaning toward the Tein H-Tech springs. I'm also considering Tein S-Tech and Hotchkis Sports , but I'm conserned they may be a bit to low for my area and to stiff on the Hotchkis. I have heard about the Tein counterfits (is this only the S-Techs?) and an worried of getting fake crap. Who/where can I find a reputable dealer for what I'm looking for? What ebay sellers are selling the real deal? What online shops... etc. :D He he uhh... also looking for a KILLER deal! :D

Thanks.
-PF

Oh... and also probably getting Progressive or TRD sway (easy to install and forget)

·
Registered
234 Posts
PinchFlat said:
With installing lowering springs, at what point do I need a re-alignment. How low a drop that is, 1" 2" 3"?
My husband checked the alignment on my xb before doing the springs and it was out of specs. It was only 9 months old at that point. So get the alignment done. I used the Hotchkis TVS set up after finding it at a local shop for 299.00 (sways & springs)
I really like it, it was just about 1 1/2" after settling. The drop is perfect as I have never scraped anything until last week in a dumb driveway (front lip underneath) The car corners better and I'm on stock tires. The hotchkis is stiffer therefore giving you a harsher ride but with better shocks (hopefully soon) that should improve. They do still ride better than stock IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.