Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The World Famous
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, Anyone know the stock spring rate on an xB? I need to soften the ride up some. and lower it about 1". Will the Tein Luxury springs be softer than stock? Any problems running them with 19" wheels?

Billy

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
With a softer spring you lose handling but get a softer ride. You need to go to a progressive spring that give softer ride but stiffen up on cornering and when you put a load in back (passengers). Eibach are a good choice. If you only go 1 inch you will want more drop later. Most everyone I've talked to that has TRD or other one inch drop want to go a little more. Eibach sportline is approx 1.5 looks good without being to low.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
That will depend on the wheel offset. But if your looking for a soft ride 19's prolly not the way to go. Not enough tire to absorb shock. Springs won't make a differance. If your looking for a softer ride Stay with 15" or 17's .
Just my 2 cents.

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
I have TRD's on right now and going to go with the Tein S tech's this week. They are going to drop me a little more (where my wife can't %^^&* to much).
I here you can change out your shocks for the Monroe and that will help out your ride from what I'm told.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
check here for good info

i bought progressive rate springs because i wanted a smoother ride over bumps and better performance than stock. got eibach's and im happy with the buy under 210 shipped w/ waranty they are 220 and change now :)

stock rate is 148fr 160rr my eibach pro kit's are 120-189fr 69-211rr

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50481

bought mine here they have other brands too and were the best price for eibachs considering local tire store wanted over 450.00 installed :rolleyes:

http://ltbmotorsport.stores.yahoo.net/sceipr.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.