Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting my DF210s on Monday, and im a little intimidated to tackle the job. I know the rear is easy, but im worried about the front. What tools will I need (spring compressor?) etc. Basically, just some reassureance that I can do it. Im pretty mechanical, but havent done springs before. Anyone in socal have any ramps I could borrow?

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
no need for a spring compressor , to do the front's just remove the big nut ( in the center) it will save you A LOT of time and still be safe. the df's are long but soft enough to put back in quite easily using the same technique.

things you will need :
19mm socket
17mm socket
14mm socket
thin bladed standard screwdriver
rubber mallet
lug nut wrench

that's about all ya should need. ramps cannot help you.

if you were up in norcal i'd do em for ya for 50 bucks and take roughly half an hour front and rear. the longest i ever take is an hour the fastest i've ever done was 20 minutes.

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
scvscions and I changed out my springs in 45min. and thats with having to deal with the spring compressor to do the front.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
should take longer than 45. maybe 45 for just front. the longer part of the spring compressor ordeal is the removal of the plastic wiper cowl then removal of the upper three bolts.

hmm guesss whichever way you'd lkike to do it.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
im also getting my DF210s real soon (well, my bro has it already just i havent paid him yet) my problem is a place to work on and time... oh and a jack stand...

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alrighty, sweet. with a few friends it shouldnt take too long. this socal heat right now is a killer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.