Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that one of the rivets on my 002's is missing. Anyone know where 2 get replacements or does anyone have a suggestion on a fix for this?

Thanx fellas

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP********* C'mon people, someone help out on this. Sooner or later someone else is gonna need info on this too

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't think u can replace those rivets since they aren't real 2 or 3 piece wheels. They are just for looks only.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
actually you can. On the 002's, they actually screw in to the rim even though they are truly one piece. The 501's are just glued on there. Please let me know if you find one as well since I lost one of mine on one of the rims.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If I were you guys, I'd just contact SportMax and see if they have any replacement pieces.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah, rather than casting the rivet looking circles into the wheel, sportmax actually inserts the pieces after casting, so there's actually a rivet in there which makes it look much closer to a multi-piece wheel. I've never heard of a rivet comming loose or falling out, although i suppose it's possible with that type of design.

Sportmax warranties all of their wheels from any sort of cosmetic defect, and I have no doubt that would qualify - definatley get in touch with the manufacturer and get an answer straight from them - they include warranty info/contact info in a pamphlet included with every wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts