Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I ran the Spy Engineering drop of at least 2 inches in July 2003 w/ 17x7.5 +42 rims and 205/40-17 tires, and had no rub. I ran that for a few moonths til I got my TEIN Wagon coilovers.

FYI, 215/40-17 is closest to the OEM rolling diameter. 205s are smaller, and will throw off your odometer and speedometer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
no that isnt what it is.. please dont spout the ignorance of a honda jdm drop on this site as it is offensive for those that have gone the extra mile to be bB or jdm on the scion.

on the other hand please specify what you mean with JDM drop... tein orginated in japan along with many other companies....

a 2-2.5 inch drop is a 2-2.5 inch drop jdm or not... and yes that combo will not cause rubbing as long as the offsets (not familiar with sportmax offset) are right.

·
Registered
873 Posts
oh yeah i can add that to my list too. hehehehe. i was running ssr's 17"x7.5" +30 and yokohama's 205 45's. it was pretty good till i hit some good size dips or bounces. she would rub in the front only where the fender and bumper are bolted together. other than that i was doing pretty good with rubbing.

·
Registered
873 Posts
oh that was with the tein s-tech springs which settled more then the recommended. i was at least 2"drop in the front. pretty, lucky i didn't have to go to a different route to get a lower drop. and i didn't even cut springs either. i know my buddies with goldlines weren't to happy with me. LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts