Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SPORT MAX 15x8 0 offset 205/50/15 KUHMO 2inch drop GOLDLINE

I may have to shave just a tad in the rear inside fender with this set up.
I took some speed bumps, driveway, and tight turns only with minor rub on the rear tires. Next test with peeps in the back:eek:
I'm waiting on some bBIST CF Flares, hopefully next week.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
those belong on a honduh. good job buying copied rota's. argh

nothing against the wheel but those just SCREAM honduh

0 offset is the crazyness.

try rolling the rear fenders. if you can get away with it it's MUCH better than cutting.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
That looks good! Hmm, maybe I should pick up a set.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hotbox05 said:
those belong on a honduh. good job buying copied rota's. argh

nothing against the wheel but those just SCREAM honduh

0 offset is the crazyness.

try rolling the rear fenders. if you can get away with it it's MUCH better than cutting.
i would think that you might see these on a Ae86 before "hundas":p .

fully loaded, the fenders are barely rubing the tires on the top, when going 70- 80 and hitting those low spots on the fwy.

im gonna check with takumi project and see what they might come up with.
but if need be, it will be done.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
imo the only good thing about these wheels is the 16lb weight.

that and theyre 8 inch wide. i'd like to buy a pair. just two of them. run slicks....

track wheels...

·
Registered
340 Posts
compare to the 215/35/18's that i had previously, 15's are soo nice ride =)
Thundergod, how about the handling aspect, ie. cornering? When you say the ride is nice, do you mean it doesn't feel as firm? It looks nice btw!

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
preacherboy said:
Thundergod, how about the handling aspect, ie. cornering? When you say the ride is nice, do you mean it doesn't feel as firm? It looks nice btw!
after 2 yrs, im so use to my 18's. i like how the perellis handle the tight turns even with the 215/35's the tires took the abuse very well.

i havn't taken the 15's on high speed cornering as of yet, but its much comfortable then the 35's

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got 15 x8's so...................

1. ride better than 18's? yes

2. handle better? i had 18x8........so it was about the same ...but definitely better than my old `15x6's

3. more road noise

4.......love the dish man....props out for you....btw.....no need to run flares unless you're really planning on trimmin the fenders and adding flare....it look great like it is.....would look even better with 195/50's strethc thunder!

i had my fender trimmed....no rubbing since...but i'm 25/10 offset...not zero....so yours stick out more.....if you havent already, ask steve bbist how he handled his fenders....i'm assuming he trimmed majorly and added the flares to cover up the trimming.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
youthinasia said:
i got 15 x8's so...................
1. ride better than 18's? yes
2. handle better? i had 18x8........so it was about the same ...but definitely better than my old `15x6's
3. more road noise
4.......love the dish man....props out for you....btw.....no need to run flares unless you're really planning on trimmin the fenders and adding flare....it look great like it is.....would look even better with 195/50's strethc thunder!

i had my fender trimmed....no rubbing since...but i'm 25/10 offset...not zero....so yours stick out more.....if you havent already, ask steve bbist how he handled his fenders....i'm assuming he trimmed majorly and added the flares to cover up the trimming.
1. agree
2. handles about the same but, the 18s were much stiffer and quicker response than the 205/50
3. i have my DX7017 cranked all the time, so i don't here anything =)
4. thanks bro. i do like the no flare look too, but them Carbon Fiber....to hard to resist =)

with loaded xB, i will either need to trim a bit or get some Tein SS and stiffen the supension and avoid the trim? any suggestions?

bBist set up is way diff from mine, so.... yeah, your're right.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Steve had his flares before even running the 15s or Air Runner. His fender lips were not trimmed until AFTER the Air Runner was installed and was running the staggered width 18s.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i'm actually about to buy 8 sportmax wheels.

four 17x7 gold 962's
two 17x9 gold 962's
two black 15x8's

total for all eight is 910 after tax. I have to drive to so cal to get em but i'll take the saved money. :)

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hotbox05 said:
i'm actually about to buy 8 sportmax wheels.

four 17x7 gold 962's
two 17x9 gold 962's
two black 15x8's

total for all eight is 910 after tax. I have to drive to so cal to get em but i'll take the saved money. :)
thats a great price!
wheel whore =)

1 - 20 of 342 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.