Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM spoiler from the factory. Apparently the well nuts on the roof gave up and fell INTO the top of the hatch and I can't seem to get them out to save my life. Now I have two large holes and no way to properly mount my spoiler.

What were their measurements or can I get part number to order new ones? I don't trust using tape because my vehicle is dipped and I'm in a harsh climate that wrecks tape.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
802 Posts

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kit would be about $30 shipped, which seems excessive. I've got some bolts and picked up some SAE well nuts from Lowes to see if I can make something work. Looks like it's 14mm on the nose, so 5/16" is the closest I can get to fitting since 1/4" is way too small.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
802 Posts
The kit would be about $30 shipped, which seems excessive. I've got some bolts and picked up some SAE well nuts from Lowes to see if I can make something work. Looks like it's 14mm on the nose, so 5/16" is the closest I can get to fitting since 1/4" is way too small.
I was thinking the well nuts might fall to the bottom of the hatch and be accessed from the interior hatch cover. Not sure if they are too thick to fall since they are encased with rubber. The installation instructions advise to open that cover and remove the metal shaving when the holes are originally drilled; but those shavings are a lot smaller.

If you use other fasteners besides the OEM, remember to seal the holes.

I can w-mail a copy of the spoiler original instructions if you want it.

Frank

[email protected]

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original well nuts are lost to the hatch. I removed the interior cover and poked around and they hadn't fallen. I fashioned new ones by shaving 5/16" well nuts from Lowes until they were able to fit the mount holes tightly. I used 5/16-18 x 1" hex head bolts to fasten them down and now the spoiler is firmly mounted again.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Happy tp see that you were able to do the repair and saves a TON of money !!!!! Now you have some money for other things in life !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts