Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting the spoiler from the dealer.
how much is it?
how much is installation?
can i install it myself?

thanks for you help.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i suggest you to install it yourself. the dealership charged me the total of $408.50. the OEM spoiler at the dealership cost $285. i got the $50 off but they only take off $47 (i dont know why). so they rounded up charging me the spoiler for $238 (if your in CA, $238 + tax is $258.50) and the install cost $150. so the total is $408.50. hope that helps. :)

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that helps alo thanks.
is it easy to install? is it just a bolt-on?
i would like to install it myself, but does it require and drilling or something.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
yeah, it does require drilling the trunk. i think you can use double sided tape, but bolting on would be safer.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
you can get alot of aftermarkey type spoilers for around the same price if not cheaper than obtaining one from the dealer. unless of course that is the one you prefer...then by all means go for it. but check bbist.com just to see if you like one of those. the application is the same process. also give autofashion a call. autofashionusa.com. hope that helps a little.

ohh ohh i got better idea, you get one from bbist.com the badass carbonfiber one and ill trade you for my 'factory' spoiler from the dealer :D

·
BORICUA bB
149 Posts
mine is fiberglass and cost me $100.00
and i used double side tape and urethane
and took me 15 minutes to instal without drilling
has been almost a year.

i hope it help

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great
where did u get those tail lights, and how much?
i know what is double sided tape, but what is urethane?

·
BORICUA bB
149 Posts
the tail lights are the option from the dealer
tyc taillight i saw them in ebay.
urethane is the black stuff they used
to hold down the glass in ours boxes.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
There are tons of spoilers out there, look around. Mine came from a BMW M3, there are replica's of it on eBay pretty cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a custom one in the works and should have it in about a week. same concept as the m3 lip but it fits perfectly, and has a few other tricks with it!

-Sean

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the VW Toureg spoiler is neet, too bad its like $500 some odd dollars. im sure there will be a replica of it sometime soon

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
are you talking about me? LOL! i know! i could've spent that on fab wing and some money left over. :D
na not really aimed at you johnny. just an one who would plan on buying the wing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.