Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
I'm actually on my second xB. My first car was a Honda Element....sister totaled it. Used the money to get a black 06 xB.... stupid Volvo totaled it. Used that money to get my current 05 xB. It only has 68k miles (owned it since 2011) and I want to keep it as long as I can without someone else totaling it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually on my second xB. My first car was a Honda Element....sister totaled it. Used the money to get a black 06 xB.... stupid Volvo totaled it. Used that money to get my current 05 xB. It only has 68k miles (owned it since 2011) and I want to keep it as long as I can without someone else totaling it!
That's why you're supposed to buy one and keep it in the garage. :D

·
Rescued RS 2.0
813 Posts
I'll be the contrarian.

I wanted a daily driver that got good gas mileage (decision made when regular was $4 a gallon) and also easy to get in and our of since my knees are shot from playing tennis all my life.

I've been driving RX7's since 1980. Done all the fast and furious tweaks. One of my convertibles puts 300+ hp to the wheels and I show it regularly at the local Cars n Coffee. The one that WAS my daily puts 200+ hp to the wheel with piggy backs and bolt on's. So I've been doing the Zoom Zoom sports car thing for 30+ years.

I bought my '05 as a project that needed a new engine. Mapped out a plan to improve the performance without compromising the gas mileage, primarily a K&N intake, exhaust (came stock with my RS 2.0), extra light Enkie racing wheels. Then stepped up the handling with front strut and rear sway bar, new struts & shocks, and all bushings replaced with polly.

What I DIDN'T expect is what a kick in the butt it is to drive. Obviously they're under powered, but the drivability is much better than I expected. Bonus is they're so easy to dismantle that mods were a snap to do.

I'm having so much fun driving my Toaster my Zoom Zoom cars are gathering dust.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
because Dodge made one hell of a hot hatch in 2008... and my 05 xB wasnt as much fun on any road... 3 wheeling the Dragon yall

·
Registered
37 Posts
Because it cost me a whopping $1400 running and driving, but paint trashed to sin, to keep from spending $20 a day on fuel with my Wrangler. Now I fill up almost every 12 days.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Because I wanted something that wasn't the same as every other car on the road. And up here in Canada it was pretty much the rarest car around. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.