Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long would it take a paint shop to paint the calipers and drums? Is there a place that has after markets that are pre painted?

Also can the rears be done to disc?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gcat 007,

If I remember correctly you have a white box, I had those same wheels except mine were silver and I really loved them. I looked at them in white and decided against them in. In my opinion the silver would look best and you won't get as pissed at cleaning them. Here is a pic of the silver on white box.The xB wasn't lowered yet and the day was a little overcast.

This is what she looks like now

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking the same thing about cleaning them but I love cleaning the Box from time to time. Right now I take it to the local car wash and have it hand washed and cleaned. They do an exceptional job on the 5 spokes right now. I was thinking of going with a chrome wheel but the price for those are just a tad bit out of my league right now.

What I really would like is a full chrome wheel but thats not going to happen right now. I like the 8 spokes with the chrome inner lip and the black bolt pattern. I was going to go heavy chrome accents but I think I've decided on a cleaner not so cluttered look. I've even given up on finding the white kevlar items (only because I can't find them at all).

Some of the things I'll hopefully be doing is shaving the handles off, removing the rear wiper, adding a hood wing, eyelids and some sort of graphics. The graphics is what I'm really having issues on. I originally wanted racing stripes in black done from front to back but now I'm thinking of maybe just getting something clean and basic down the sides. I want this car to look nice without going overboard. As for what I have no clue and not being of the artistic kind I suck at coming up with a design.

·
Registered
949 Posts
yes you can get conversions for the rear from willwood i think... if i were you just get caliper paint and paint them yourself it's not that time consuming...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I painted my own! Its easy! Use your money for something else!

If you wanna spice up your inner wheel well while parked add some lighting. :)

The caliper paint is a brush on. It doesn't need to be in the shop for that and theyd over charge you! JMO!

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should I primer the rear drums before painting? When I pulled those off my last car they were pretty rough.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
No. If you buy the kit it comes with a cleaner that you use it will take all the crap off you can kinda scrub it too to make sure. IF you dont clean it good the paint will bead up. Thats it then just paint. I recommend the brush on but thats just me. It took about twenty minutes to dry two coats and put the wheel back on. :)

Yes Im proud!! LOL! :eek:

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Looks good!

Thanks for the ideas!

What brand did you use?
** Google is my friend! Found lots of kits.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ummm I dont wanna be wrong so I'll just say I bought one at Auto Zone and one at Pep Boys but they were the same brand in a black box.

It MIGHT have been duplicolor ??? Im probably wrong. Whichever one they sell tho we've done three boxes with the same brand and had enough left over each color to do probably three more sets of four!! :)

I can't wait to see pics! You gotta post pics k! :)

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe this can be my first "How - To" attempt. I just looked on the net and even called a few places around town. I'll probably go take a look when I'm off on Friday and get a couple.

I'll most likely go and order my wheels/tires as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts