Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find em' anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get the chrome or other color speedometer bezel? Please email me at:
[email protected]
Thanks!!!

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
ebay

it goes for around 30$ something

Kind of expensive... maybe someone here can fab one? I'd be willing to look for one in fiberglass to paint.

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bezel

Thanks for the response. I can't find any on Ebay or anywhere for that matter. I'd be happy for a fiberglass one as well.. would love to have it all painted white and go around the bezel on the clock as well. Let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks again!!!!
Pastor Matt
[email protected]

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Painted Bezel

That looks great. How did you do the red ring? Hard to tell in pic. Is it vinyl pin-stripe or was that your base coat then taped off and sprayed the silver?

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great

Good job on the bezel. Thought about it myself as well. I painted the outer ring yesterday silver.. since my xB is PW I might do what you did as well. Looks good!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
yeah but they're not selling the whole peice just the spedo face and the chrome ring around spedo. a circle can't be backwards silly!!:p :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
pastormatt said:
Good job on the bezel. Thought about it myself as well. I painted the outer ring yesterday silver.. since my xB is PW I might do what you did as well. Looks good!
thanks! but just a heads up that if you jus paint it with regular rattle can like i did... it wont be the same white as your car... PW is more of an off white color

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here is a picture of the chrome bezel .... though this is available in Jpan, I actually bought it from eBay, from the chap that is mentioned in this thread... I also bought the a/c knobs from him....

·
Rubmeister
453 Posts
pastormatt said:
That looks great. How did you do the red ring? Hard to tell in pic. Is it vinyl pin-stripe or was that your base coat then taped off and sprayed the silver?
Haha, neither. The base is metallic black krylon, the front bezel is silver testors and the red strip is made from zip ties, crazy-glued together . Really.
I also have a transformer badge on the speedo face. It all looks very OEM, people are always asking me if all xB's come like that :)
Here's a few other pix.
Front-

Side-

·
Rubmeister
453 Posts
Actually i did another mod to it more recently, painted the matte black plastic ring that gpoes around the inside of the speedo (behind the clear cover) a gloss red... looks like it is the same piece as the red strip on the outside.

My next thing is to have red LEDs shine on the badge and needles from above... I was going to have red glowing LED eyes also for the badge but there isn't really enough room to do that behind the gauge face.

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool

Wow. That is really cool. Great creativity on your part. Hope you don't mind if I might steal your idea... guess it's a good thing I'm in North Carolina!!:)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Flecs said:
thanks! but just a heads up that if you jus paint it with regular rattle can like i did... it wont be the same white as your car... PW is more of an off white color
You can buy color matched paint for 25 bucks a can at scratchpaint.com they have all the stock Scion colors. I got the PW paint and it's great! The code is 068. Nice people to deal with too.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i have to give katainE the credit on the link. he posted it up a few months ago on another thread. i may order the chrome ring. it will match the chrome trim on my dash. another idea i stole from kaptainE!:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.