Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and could'nt find anything on this question. Does anyone know what other needle would fit our speedo? I just recently got the bbist gauge and its kind of hard to see the needle. I would want a needle that lights up, like the tach and the gas. Any info would help.
Here is a pic of the speedo, see how its kinda hard to see it.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
there are some things you can do but i dont think there is a needle that wil light up on its own. I believe you would need to make it light up. The hole where the speed needle is inserted doesnt emit light like the other two needles, so a clear or white needle wouldnt really light up. But there are other options out there. I just live with mine.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
there are some things you can do but i dont think there is a needle that wil light up on its own. I believe you would need to make it light up. The hole where the speed needle is inserted doesnt emit light like the other two needles, so a clear or white needle wouldnt really light up. But there are other options out there. I just live with mine.
What other options would you say there are?
I seen some on ebay but they were like $35.00. I agree with Sid spay it with glow in the dark paint.
Can you post up what you saw on ebay,or what they look like?

And dose anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Found this on E-Bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320090115608&rd=1,1
According to the seller it will work on all Scion models. Do we really have the same needles? I honestly don’t know, but seems fishy overall.

What about painting the stock needle with florescent paint (the kind that lights up under a blacklight) and adding a small LED somewhere in the bezel to give it light?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Has anyone ever tried a needle from a TC? They do light up, but I've not run across a wrecked one yet that I can snag a needle from to see if it's the same dims.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I have to admit, I never thought of a small led powered under a piece of acrylic for a needle.....Hmmmm......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.