Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I am looking for a speed mesh grill like the one off the rs2. I don't want to spend the three hundred dollars for the JDM one. I'll be doing some slight modifications to the grill itself. IF I spend $100 and it doesn't work out I call it an understandable loss. Now does anyone know where I can get one, cause I'm sure I don't feel like fabricating a new grill. . .lol. . . thanks in advance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I checked there, it was the first place I looked, but they don't sell the cheap 99 dollar one anymore and all they have is the JDM one which is 300 dollars. Maybe I missed it but like I said all I saw was the JDM one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hayalex6- yeah I know that is why I checked there. . . funny enough when I figured out what I wanted to do I couldn't find them anywhere.

DTRAIN619- I was thinking about that grill but I didn't know if it came with the metal backing plate that the Scion Sport and the rs2 grills came with. It's $80 more but it's better then me doing the home depot route...lol

Why is it when I save enough money or finally figure out what I am going to do everyone stops selling it or I can't find it!. . .lol

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Ghost_1 said:
DTRAIN619- I was thinking about that grill but I didn't know if it came with the metal backing plate that the Scion Sport and the rs2 grills came with.
Yeah, that's why it's sitting in my garage!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
hayalex6 said:
what's wrong with not having a backing plate? My grillcraft billet grilles didn't come with a backing plate.
Too open for me, I hate getting all the road dirt/grime in the engine bay.

But that's just how I am.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DTRAIN619 said:
Too open for me, I hate getting all the road dirt/grime in the engine bay.

But that's just how I am.
I'm the same way. If I had to fab one I'd probably want to get a better price the $180 (<-what I've seen this grill go for)

I made one for the billet grill I have. That was a pain and the way I attached it was kind of bad. . .lol

Grime is one thing but I am completely insane about having a SRI and having an open grill like that. I know it shouldn't matter too much but it's just one of those things. eh, if I can't do it I'll have to go back and maybe fabricate a new grill. I'm just bored with the billet grill.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Thought about trying to fab a backing plate for mine... Too lazy at this point. So it sits in the garage with all the other "collectables!"

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup, I'm still trying to get ready for my next project. . . it's a secret right now, but if it works I might be able to get rid of one of themost annoying rattles on the car. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that it not only works but I actually get some time to do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.