Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the factory radio sound a little flat. I won't swap the deck unit it since I have the audio controls, but I was wondering if I swapped out the door speaker if that would give me an improvement?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Trek777 said:
Is it just me or does the factory radio sound a little flat. I won't swap the deck unit it since I have the audio controls, but I was wondering if I swapped out the door speaker if that would give me an improvement?

The stock speakers work great with a new H/U.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i personally have swapped every speaker out with infinity reference series speakers. have noticed no difference with stock headunit. im working on getting a new headunit in due time.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
hold the ssp button down until car type comes up. Then using the volume while holding the ssp down change it from I am guessing TC to xa for crisper highs less bass or xb.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off, THANK YOU!!!. That made a huge difference. Second, why was it set for a tC?
CDs sound great now, but I have to work on my XM rig. I can hear a lot of noise in the background now, what I can only describe as white noise. I think I just need to play with my skifi's settings.

·
Registered
485 Posts
ogerdgonz said:
hold the ssp button down until car type comes up. Then using the volume while holding the ssp down change it from I am guessing TC to xa for crisper highs less bass or xb.
i didnt even know that, you guys are genius's

·
Registered
167 Posts
best setting I've found for the stock unit is xA HEAR for rock, xB FEEL for bass.

The tc setting doesn't even sound good in the tc. My GF's car is set on xA FEEL on her TC.

I had a customer put the Bazooka tube in her box the other day and she had the settings jacked up...too much gain on the sub, wrong radio ssp settings. I adjusted it and I was even surprised how well it sounded for a bass tube.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ogerdgonz said:
Not really just unemployed......

Sorry you're out of work but that was funny! :D

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
damn, I just went out to the xB to try that and sure as hell mine was set to tC too. Changed it and DAMN what a difference. I had my two tens in the back set pretty high and when I switched to xB I almost blew the hatch off my box and the hair off my head! lmao :D

both the xA and xB sound better than the tC, hands down. You really are one of the geniusi :)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
upgrading the stereo with stock speakers is the quick noticeable difference. the stock deck has decent power but no adjustability. i've upgraded all speaker , all wiring , deck , and amped the stock location speakers , as well as underseat subs. now that's a noticeable difference. :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
ogerdgonz said:

Thanks!! That is a major improvement! That is why I like this site.......:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.