Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem a dumb question but im no longer a young whipper-snapper anymore,and I seem to be safe rather than sorry. I have a rattle in the front speakers on my Xb and I want to remove the covers and place a rubber seal around the openings, How do the covers come off?? Do they just pull up,or is there a speacial way to do it?? While im here I also have a bad rattle comming from the plastic frame around the front of the pass.door(that piece of plastic that runs along the windshield and the front door) how dose one remove that piece?? Im assuming thats the only way to get it to stop that dreadfull noise!! Any help would be a great help,I am a new 2006 Xb'er and I love it!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
ScooterDad said:
This may seem a dumb question but im no longer a young whipper-snapper anymore,and I seem to be safe rather than sorry. I have a rattle in the front speakers on my Xb and I want to remove the covers and place a rubber seal around the openings, How do the covers come off?? Do they just pull up,or is there a speacial way to do it?? While im here I also have a bad rattle comming from the plastic frame around the front of the pass.door(that piece of plastic that runs along the windshield and the front door) how dose one remove that piece?? Im assuming thats the only way to get it to stop that dreadfull noise!! Any help would be a great help,I am a new 2006 Xb'er and I love it!!
well to get to the front speakers you have to take off the door panels to get to the speakers just take off the panels and thats it

·
Registered
368 Posts
follow these at your own discression I will not be held accountable for damage, thats my DIY disclaimer.

Ok your talking about the "A" pillar rattle right?

your dealer just uses sticky back felt over the clips to rid you of that noise, the is a TSB. But if you just want to take care of it your self, using a plastic pry tool , pop it off, it just snaps into place. pull on the top and as it comes free the bottom slides back towards you, there is a little finger that holds it in place.

Now on the door, you need to remove the screws holding it on, I think there are 3, around the door pull and handle. remove these, pry again with the tool above to release clips, lift up and away. The speaker grille is part of the plastic panel.

Most if not all of your rattles should be covered by TSB's by the dealer, if you want to have them do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
azynboi03 said:
well to get to the front speakers you have to take off the door panels to get to the speakers just take off the panels and thats it
Thanks but im talking about the speakers that are on the dash front feft and right:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frogbox said:
follow these at your own discression I will not be held accountable for damage, thats my DIY disclaimer.

Ok your talking about the "A" pillar rattle right?

your dealer just uses sticky back felt over the clips to rid you of that noise, the is a TSB. But if you just want to take care of it your self, using a plastic pry tool , pop it off, it just snaps into place. pull on the top and as it comes free the bottom slides back towards you, there is a little finger that holds it in place.

Now on the door, you need to remove the screws holding it on, I think there are 3, around the door pull and handle. remove these, pry again with the tool above to release clips, lift up and away. The speaker grille is part of the plastic panel.

Most if not all of your rattles should be covered by TSB's by the dealer, if you want to have them do it.
Hey thanks,but what is a tsb?? and II dont mean the door speakers I mean the dash front and left in the corners

·
TEAM RED CUP
278 Posts
ScooterDad said:
Hey thanks,but what is a tsb?? and II dont mean the door speakers I mean the dash front and left in the corners
technical service bulliten

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh those front speakers, sounds as though the grilles are loose. :)

Using the same tool as mentioned before, carefully pry the grille up, and add the felt to the clips.those are easier than the doors.

hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.