Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks and more sparks

4K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  Just1n 
#1 ·
ok people, just got an idea, since i baged my car, i wanted to accent to it, add to it a bit if you will....

so in discussion with my brother in law owner of NITUSGA MOTORSPORTS he suggested i put some magnesium skid plates(or sticks)....what do you want that for you say?

well its really simple, when i drop the back and roll for a few feet, it will spark like the fourth of july....

now that is a really accenting the bag mod...

so my question is this, does anyone know of any place in so. cal where i can have that done at?

www.universalairsuspension.com

#2 ·
i dont know of anywhere that can do it, but i am doing it in a few days for funn... i am gonna put my stock bumper on and do it for a few days the i will sell the bars

#16 ·
I don't live in Cali., but I know that's where the whole "lowrider" movement started in the 70's. I bet any shop that works on hot rods or old school custom cars could add the magnesium plate to your 'B. My guess is that you have more options in CA than anywhere else in the world for that mod!

#17 ·
yea dude a how crap load of people use trailer hitch balls, that i what i am gonna do. make a beam that goes across with like 5 trailer balls on it

#18 ·
ok people this is what I found out, there is a company called LORDZ OF KUSTOM here in Los Angeles, that can do it for about $75 and take a couple of hours to do. I believe this is their website www.lordzofkustomz.com check them out. If interested give them a call and ask for a Jesse(owner)

#20 ·
You would need some sort of extension bracket in order to get the plates low enough since our bumpers are plastic and the reinforcemants are way to high. And they would have to be mounted a few inches lower than the bumper and out to the edge, if you don't get the plates out to the edge of the bumper the sparks will just end up blasting the inside of your bumper cover. Mini trucks are c-notched and are able to drag bumpers if they choose to, but some add the plates for the pure white sparks and less body damage.

#24 ·
Nope. First, our cars have no real frame. They are unibody, which means the vehicles structural and body elements are all tied together.

In either case, no welding is required. Just drilling a couple holes to put the bolts through. I did forget to post the link to the mounting brackets. The mouting brackets are adjustable. This allows you to drop the brackets as required to get the titanium drag blocks to lay down.

Also, if ANYONE ever mentions puting magnesium ANYTHING under your car to throw sparks, run far and run fast. Magnesium is highly flamable and very dangerous. Once magnesium starts burning, you can not put it out. And what do you think happens to the magnesium when you introduce as much friction as the weight of a car on top of asphalt traveling at 30+ mph?

Unless you really don't like you car, I would suggest staying far, far away from magnesium.

Here is the link to the brackets...
http://www.silverstarcustoms.com/st...id=50&osCsid=10e5c74972f7a66fb55f37b8ebc0427c

#40 ·
yeah, thats my xB dragging. and its dragging the "frame" (its unibody, so technically, there is no frame).
the video was filmed by a cop friend of mine. HA!

ok, heres my 2 pennies:
drag blocks are kinda cheezy if the car doesnt actually lay out.
its like putting a huge exhaust tip on your stock muffler.

this is my opionion, so lets keep the flaming to a minimum.
its your car though, build it how you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.