Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people, just got an idea, since i baged my car, i wanted to accent to it, add to it a bit if you will....

so in discussion with my brother in law owner of NITUSGA MOTORSPORTS he suggested i put some magnesium skid plates(or sticks)....what do you want that for you say?

well its really simple, when i drop the back and roll for a few feet, it will spark like the fourth of july....

now that is a really accenting the bag mod...

so my question is this, does anyone know of any place in so. cal where i can have that done at?

www.universalairsuspension.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
i dont know of anywhere that can do it, but i am doing it in a few days for funn... i am gonna put my stock bumper on and do it for a few days the i will sell the bars

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well let me know when you do it and some pics of the sparsk show

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oo yea thats what im talking about baby spark it up fellasss oooo yeaaan ima be doing that soon to :)
i think i can get installed myself i am just trying to find somewhere on the net that sells that....anyone know of any sites that do?

·
Registered
336 Posts
we should make a dvd like they do with the mini trucks sparking up the roads but we will do it in more style with are xbs what do u guys think maybe a little mini meet to spark up the night :)

·
Scion 100,000 mile club
3,481 Posts
i know that some guys use trailer hitch balls on their trucks and cars and work just as well and the plates

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
check out this xA Rene, is this what you're looking for?:eek:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we should make a dvd like they do with the mini trucks sparking up the roads but we will do it in more style with are xbs what do u guys think maybe a little mini meet to spark up the night :)

if we can get enough people with this i am down for it!!!:cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The xA is from Georgia. I sent a PM to the owner to find out where to get the bars from.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't live in Cali., but I know that's where the whole "lowrider" movement started in the 70's. I bet any shop that works on hot rods or old school custom cars could add the magnesium plate to your 'B. My guess is that you have more options in CA than anywhere else in the world for that mod!

·
Registered
173 Posts
yea dude a how crap load of people use trailer hitch balls, that i what i am gonna do. make a beam that goes across with like 5 trailer balls on it

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok people this is what I found out, there is a company called LORDZ OF KUSTOM here in Los Angeles, that can do it for about $75 and take a couple of hours to do. I believe this is their website www.lordzofkustomz.com check them out. If interested give them a call and ask for a Jesse(owner)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You would need some sort of extension bracket in order to get the plates low enough since our bumpers are plastic and the reinforcemants are way to high. And they would have to be mounted a few inches lower than the bumper and out to the edge, if you don't get the plates out to the edge of the bumper the sparks will just end up blasting the inside of your bumper cover. Mini trucks are c-notched and are able to drag bumpers if they choose to, but some add the plates for the pure white sparks and less body damage.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.