Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)About how many miles would change you spark plugs? (im at 12000 mi)

2)But im avg 25-27 MPG would it also increase my MPG if i do change the spark plugs?

3) IF i install a perrin fuel rail would that decrese or increse my MPG?

thanks for your help....:cool:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Toyota recommends that the spark plugs be changed every 30k miles.

During the winter months your mpg may be lower because of the "winter" blend refineries use.

Personally, I wouldn't install the Perrin fuel rail unless you're going w/ FI, and even then, you may also need to change your injectors. Those changes would decrease your mpg.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i dont know about injectors. which ones should we get? I have the blitz supercharger right now and just ordered zex nitrous today. will be installing the nitrous in a week or two.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Depends how much extra flow you want, how much you're willing to spend, and who will be tuning it. Too much flow, and the fuel pump won't be able to keep up cuz of the limited pressure. But then again, I'm not an expert, and someone else should chime in to confirm or disagree w/ what I have provided.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well lets do the math here... If you take the Xb^2 minus the cool factor for drivng a toaster on wheels, then mulitply by the ego factor for having such a unique car, plus the price of all the parts, and if that is greater then your body weight plus your wheel hp your good to go....so
(Xb^2-50 cool points)*100 ego points+250(estimate) parts > 150(guess) body weight + 158(supercharged?)=Good to GO.

Hey, Im not an expert, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Lucky110 said:
Well lets do the math here... If you take the Xb^2 minus the cool factor for drivng a toaster on wheels, then mulitply by the ego factor for having such a unique car, plus the price of all the parts, and if that is greater then your body weight plus your wheel hp your good to go....so
(Xb^2-50 cool points)*100 ego points+250(estimate) parts > 150(guess) body weight + 158(supercharged?)=Good to GO.

Hey, Im not an expert, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

LMFAO:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
that was pretty funny, huh!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Surprisingly enough the xB has regular plugs that are good for 30K, I replace them at work with NGK IRIDIUM IX: part #BKR5EIX : 6341. These plugs are good for 90K to 100K so you get your $7 a plug worth.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
If I'm remembering right, the xB has platinum plugs and should be good for 60K miles, but I could be wrong there.

Brad has it right on the other stuff.

-Alex
I thought they were iridium? And why do they suggest a plug change at 30k instead of 60k?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.