Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Went to go get the car washed and all clean since we shouldn't be getting any more snow. So they put the car through the wash on one of those track systems and I'm watching it through the glass and it comes to the and where the jet dryers are next thing I see is the dryers push my box back and it smashes into a surburban that was behind it. I TOTALLY FLIPPED MY LID. I ran out there I'm like dude my F"ing car dude and then proceeded to smash one more time into the surburbans front now I have a huge gash on my rear bumper and they were oh man were sorry and next time we better have a person in there since your car is so light.

I'm like dude your going to fix my bumper since it is your job to know these cars and such. So now I gotta wait until I get a call from the owner about getting my bumper replaced. And as a token of their sorryness they gave me 12 free deluxe car washes Whuppity do!.:mad:

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
12 more ass whoopins for your car? i think not! sell them to the town people! :D

sorry to hear about that man. suck! make sure you stay on their ass to resolve it and take it to the dealer for a new bumper or body shop.

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Car Wash Disaster

As a former car wash/tunnel owner, I hated when stuff like that happened, but unfortunately it does happen to more than just an xB.

Just wanted you to know you are not the only one and hopefully the owner, as I would have, will take care of your car for you and it was pretty nice that they gave you more washes to try make you feel they are going to do something.

Sure hope you get it fixed and they take care of ya... let me know if you need some help on my end.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well I have been screwed in a few cases with businesses. they ticked me off doing things wrong...
BUT, a few of them bent over backwards to make it right and so i chose to use them in the future, i would go back to a place that truly makes it right and apologizes...

however that does not forgive a mistake like that at a car wash where it happens often. good luck...hope ya find a resolution.

But if ya have the time...I really enjoy washing and such myself...like the saying goes...."if ya want something done right...."

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Wow - I have never heard about the dryers pushing a car backwards. Why
didn't the employee hit the emergency stop button? I hope that they take
care of this and fix your ride.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If they dont fix it put a lien against the businiess, or just tell them you are and they should jump through some hoops. they dont want their business credit screwed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update.

Went to three body shops. Going to cost $480-$547 on the three estimates. The car wash is going to pay for the damages. Just have to hear from the owner on what they are going to pay.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Good to hear they are paying for it.

I don't have that problem with washes because my xB is too low to even get on the tracks without damaging it..... lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are a good business. Ive had my car washed pre box there many times before. The manager is really cool. Hopefully the owner is too and pays the bill. And obviously next time I will be riding in the car the next time through.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Car goes into the shop tonight. Car Wash is paying the bill. Hope they learn not to send my box unattended through the wash again. So I will be out the car until Friday so luckily I still have my piece of Poo VW still Hehehe:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.