Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About to buy my xB! Have a couple questions...

Alohas everyone,

I'll be picking up my Scion either today or tomorrow. 5 spd. salsa red or silver.

Anything I need to know before I buy? I've been doing some research on the forums and have found some good info., but if anyone has any last minute 'heads up stuff,' that'd be greatly appreciated.

I was actually debating between the Honda Fit and the Scion xB. I like the xB due to it's room and gas milage. Plus I'll be using it for a company car to promote my business and in my opinion, there is not a better car out there for advertising.

Couple things:

1. Don't buy the factory arm rest? I forgot where I read it, but someone said to buy the aftermarket one. Correct?

2. How much should I be looking at when it's all said and done? Is that pure pricing thing for real? I'm just not used to not negotiating haha. What's the best you've heard of something walking out with a xB after tax and licensing? Is 15k realistic / good deal?

3. I've read to make sure to get the rear bumper pad, which is basically a sticker with holes ya? Prevents it from getting all scratched up I heard. Are there after market ones that I should consider over the factory one?

Thanks all and have a great Sunday! I'll be checking back periodically to see if anyone responded. I'll be heading to the Scion dealership in about a few hours. Any help would be awesome..

Aloha!

URFLiX

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Good choise! Silver is easy to keep cleen (looks better dirty:D). My advise is not to get any acessories from the dealer. Aftermarket armrests are better if you really need one. Pure price is real, but dealer will try to add extended warranty, security etching of the glass, etc. Its up to you what you want. Financing it adds alot to the final invoice amount. And yes- xB is an exellent rolling billboard!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Counting down...

Thanks for the reply!

I'm currently debating whether to buy the Honda Fit or the xB. Anyone?...Sell me on the xB :p

As for the fixed price....so I shouldn't be paying anymore than MSRP? Which in Hawaii is around...$14,500....

So there is no reason I shouldn't be able to walk out the door around $15k ya?

Thanks for the help

Aloha.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Don't forget the dreaded taxes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are people paying on average?

On average, what are people forking up for their xB? Just curious...

So from the 'pure price' add your States taxes on top of that and....

I've read that people are walking out after taxes and all for arond 15k...true?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
yeah i would say a little more to the 15.6 k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else???

thx..anyone else?

Okay so the $14,500~ + Tax and licensing (given) <---That's all I should be paying yes? Do you think they'll throw in some goodies like floor mats etc??

Curious what people have gotten away with....

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
you can try and get freebies if you go fully loaded with extended warranty etc. but if you want the cheapest price for the xb then they probaly wont throw in anything..imho...

·
Registered
873 Posts
i guess it depends on how good you are to your sales rep. i got a bunch of stuff but it was mod related. : (

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:p i got a full tank of gas out the sales men lol other than that no free bees :rolleyes: oh well still is the best little box for the money :D i like mine alot had it 5 months now . i would agree tho on the dealer mods dont get em . u can get better deals on better brand stuff on the web.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Think of it like this for a basic xB - cash deal:

MSRP + tax/license/registration (around 10% of MSRP) = New owner.

Oh, remember this: Your MSRP will depend on whether you get the manual or auto (roughly $800.00 difference I believe.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.