Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people, I've been checking out some of the xB/scion boards for a few weeks now. Posting up an official hello since I've finally decided to buy an xB. I have allways loved the little box since they first hit the streets.
Most people I know think i'm crazy mostly because I'm selling my current "toy" on ebay then going xB shopping. It will be nice to just roll over the auction money for a new car with no payments!
The vicious cycle of never ending mods will begin again :D

Here's a link to my auction if anyone is interested, or knows someone who may be.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D200037409064%26fvi%3D1&item=200037409064

Jay

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard! I came from a fully modded Protege5 w/ full Mazdaspeed suspension. And I think the box is double the fun.

Your RX-7 is sweet BTW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure The box will be a fun new ride. Not quite as fast as what I have now, but I'm kinda done with the speed thing. Two of my friends work at the local toyota dealer so over the weekend i took a box test driving for a few hours. I was impressed with the ride and handling for such an inexpensive car. I was a bit concerned about it being slow as dog poop, but it was pretty good.
I allways had a daily driver and left the rx-7 for the weekend, but I plan on making the box my daily, so that will determine what I do and don't do.
I'm really liking the look of 15's on the box, prob. get some Work's. I'm just debating if I should do a standard drop, or go air. I had owned an olds cutty that I put hydros in, and that car was so horrible to drive, fun, but not safe at all. Even though I want to make this thing crazy, my big concern now is to keep it reliable at the same time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
turbo, I'm sure you will love your xb as much as everyone else loves theirs. I love mine so much that whenever I hear any friends or even some strangers talking about getting a new car, I always suggest an xB because you get the most bang for your buck! After owning it for 2 years, I still can't believe all the things that come standard on the car. Good luck with your future car and your future mods! And have fun!

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah...you are...we all are...MAH HA HA!

hey, what time is nurse ratched bringing our medication?:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey turbovr6...welcome...i too am a recent new xb owner(3 weeks and counting)...came from fast cars too(sr20 powered 240 and a b5 s4). i luv the box, no regrets getting rid of both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have decided on Polar White for My xB. I was thinking about the new release, I actually Like the color shift paint. Only problem is it sure would suck if it gets scratched, or i wanted to add a body kit. I can't see spending 2grand for a paint job that will be nothing but trouble in the long run.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
PW would be your best choice! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my car did not sell. So off to winter storage it goes. I'll try again in the spring.
On a happy note, I'm going to the dealer to order my Polar White box on Friday!!!!!!
Since I have 2 friends working at the local Toyota dealer I know this will be a pleasant experience.
I know I'm getting the floormats, I just need to decide if I want the "Scion Security" or just go aftermarket. I can get a hefty discount on the Scion system, but an aftermarket will give me remote start :)
Anyone here like/dislike the Scion security system????

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went from 2 civic hatches, with fully built motors, and an '01 Lexus Is300 with lots of jdm goodies, and a few engine mods. Basically wanted something cheap on insurance, good on gas, and fun to drive. The speed part doesnt really bother me, but I love my box!! I've had mine for about 4 days now!! I suggest the first thing you do to it is debadge the back! I debadged mine as soon as I got home from the dealer!! It makes it look so damn clean!! I also ordered the bB grille badge! the next step is sprigns fooo shooo. Its deff a fun car, you'll love it!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
yeah those are the ones I'm going to get come spring. Hopefully the guy who gave me the hook up for my Meister's can do the same for the Equip's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.