Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so pi$$ed off. Someone backed into my box today in a parking lot. Caved in the back hatch whole bottom (R) side then drove off. I didn't notice it because when I came out the front of the box was toward us. My wife and I got in and went to wal mart. When we were walking in I looked back as I locked it and saw the dent. Crap I went back and it looked like it was just popped in so I bought one of those suction things and popped it out. To my dismay there were deep creases that won't pop out. Also noticed the bumper was damaged as well and small chip in the paint. Estimate $996.00 I have a $250.00 deductable crap there goes my window tint next month. They can't get it in till Oct 2nd and will take 3 days to fix. What will I do for 3 days? My wife won't let me go stay with my box. :( Sometimes life is a ***** then it gets worse. I guess I should be glad it wasn't worse like someone getting hurt. But I spend so much time cleaning and polishing my box to keep it nice then have to drive around with a crunched rear sucks big time. Ok I'm done just needed to vent a little.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
man sorry to hear that bro. wish you were closer so we could work something out for my old hatch. your best bet would be to get a CF hatch (about $550) and have the window switched. (about $150) it'll be a bit cheaper than fixing the old one and will look better too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dude, that sucks big time...

I think somebody needs to create a vehicle security system that sends a mind warping jolt of electricity to anyone that touches it, and shorts out the electrical on the car that hits you! Wouldn't that be awesome?
Just take the car in get it fixed, it will feel much better when you get it all back to normal!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your support. I was just very upset yesterday. Just lowered it the day before. Then having to pay the deductible just came at a bad time. Damm wish they hit the front got some rock dings that would have been taken care of. :) Oh well better be careful of what I wish for. Please no more problems.:eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Mad Sciontist...

While your getting an estmate on the repair, ask them what the charge is for re shooting the front[ cover up rock chips ], you might be suprised how cheap they could do it for while the paint is mixed, paint seems to be the biggest expense, I got my front end repainted for 250 $ extra, which as better then paying my $500 deductible later. it never hurts to ask!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Mine is going in Monday for its $2300.00 fix(ferkin deer). The deduct is $100. But yaa, I understand how it feels when you spend so much time maintaining the cleanliness and shine of a nice vehicle then have to drive it while it's ferked up. People might think you were someone that didn't take care of stuff.
Then there is the worrying about whether it will be good as new...

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BoXBoy said:
While your getting an estimate on the repair, ask them what the charge is for re shooting the front[ cover up rock chips ], you might be suprised how cheap they could do it for while the paint is mixed, paint seems to be the biggest expense, I got my front end repainted for 250 $ extra, which as better then paying my $500 deductible later. it never hurts to ask!
Great Idea!!! Great minds think alike...:D
Yep thought of that they want around $900.00 because they said to do it right they would have to remove the front bumper and take it apart and a there are some chips on hood so basically repaint from front doors forward.
If they don't strip off the paint on there then the pits will still be there just sprayed over. Some places will fill with bondo but I don't want that even though they are small. I plan to custom paint in a year or so anyway. the chips are not that bad. Thanks for the thought

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ChromiumSteel said:
Mine is going in Monday for its $2300.00 fix(ferkin deer). The deduct is $100. But yaa, I understand how it feels when you spend so much time maintaining the cleanliness and shine of a nice vehicle then have to drive it while it's ferked up. People might think you were someone that didn't take care of stuff.
Then there is the worrying about whether it will be good as new...

I hear that bro. If it had happened to my intrepid I'd still be ticked but this xB is my baby...LOL Man I'm hoping it won't be an obvious repair ya know what I mean? The insurance co recommended several places that they give additional guarantee on the work beyond the body shops guarantee if you use them. So I checked out a few and decided on Bob Siegal Chevy. In Grants Pass.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble. It's a true shame that in this day and age
that people suck as bad as they do. They don't give a crap about yours, theirs, or anyone else's property. Hit it - run over it - back into it - sideswipe it. They
just don't care. As long as it's something new(ish) the'll damage it. I'll bet that
the slob didn't even have insurance -- Crap!!!! -- Opps Vent Over ...........

Get your box fixed soon and watch out for the morons ............. Their every
where ......... unforunately.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
moonray said:
Sorry to hear about your trouble. It's a true shame that in this day and age
that people suck as bad as they do. They don't give a crap about yours, theirs, or anyone else's property. Hit it - run over it - back into it - sideswipe it. They
just don't care. As long as it's something new(ish) the'll damage it. I'll bet that
the slob didn't even have insurance -- Crap!!!! -- Opps Vent Over ...........

Get your box fixed soon and watch out for the morons ............. Their every
where ......... unforunately.
Thanks
Yep. My wife and I have his and hers glock's. We're posting guard from now on.;) j/k. I pity the fool that tries something now! :confused: What? Damm I'm starting to sound like Mr.T lmao It is a good thing for who ever did it though that I didn't catch him. I'm pretty easy going til ya pi$$ me off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear that. People have no respect for other people's property. One of the guys I work with had just gotten his new car (new to him) out of the shop and someone ran into it in our parking lot. Rather than tell someone when he came into the store, he just drove off and now my coworker has a screwed up door. Bet they wouldn't like it if someone did that to theirs. They will get payed back though. Probably two-fold too.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow Mad Sciontist, sorry to hear about that.

Did you check with whoever owns the parking lot to see if they happen to have security cameras there? They almost never do, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Do it soon -- most places use the same tapes again and again. Shame if they caught something and then taped over it.

Hey, you should check with the paint shop to see how much extra to paint other stuff. Maybe your engine cover, fuse box covers, anything else you’ve got under the hood. . . maybe some of the plastic pieces inside? Be creative, find something no one else has had painted yet! If you can.;)

I hate people that hit and run! I was leaving work a couple months ago when this pickup backed into a van. The driver than had the nerve to park in the next aisle over and go into the store to shop like nothing happened. Some coworkers of mine who were leaving at the same time saw the whole thing. (I only heard the hit, didn’t see it.) They left a nice little note on the van with the pickups plate info, driver description, and their contact info if they needed them as witnesses. I believe it started “In case you’re wondering who hit the back of your van. . .” I never did hear how the story ended, but I like to think the pickup paid!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mad_Sciontist said:
Thanks everyone for your support. I was just very upset yesterday. Just lowered it the day before. Then having to pay the deductible just came at a bad time. Damm wish they hit the front got some rock dings that would have been taken care of. :) Oh well better be careful of what I wish for. Please no more problems.:eek:
Glad that you are ok and that you can get this fixed. I've been in your shoes twice before and it's a P.I.A. to get it taken care of. I'm still suffering with the neck pain/back pain & have been seeing a chiropractor since April.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your xB's injuries. We just replaced our Ford Explorer because someone was traveling 50mph in a 25mph zone and didn't know what the big pedal was for. Straight into the back as my wife was waiting for someone to make a left turn against traffic. They totalled the Explorer and the damage was quite shocking. I am thankful my wife was not hurt and that my kids were not with her. I also shudder to think what the damage would have been if she'd been driving my xB...

Good luck with the repairs and remember, if we didn't have a**holes in the world, there would be nothing to judge the values of good people against :)

Owen aka Ironchef

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.