Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am trying to instal these and feel stupid cause I cant get past the first step on the directions. I need to remove the ABS plug. So I used a flathead screw driver and popped the back off, but there are still 2 wires connected to the back of the hub that didnt come of with the plug peice. I am scared to just pull on the wires.

What am I doing wrong.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Get yourself behind the wheel area if you can and you will see that the plug uses what I call a teeter-totter tab. Press that down with the smal flathead screwdriver and you're in game.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what I am talking about. The back peice of the clip pops of fine. But, I think I need to remove the other peice now, but it jst doesnt want to budge

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
you should just need to remove the piece that has the wires in it. the housing for the sensor stays in the hub. then those 4 bolts right there, take those out and our spacer goes in between

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I now what I need to do, I am just having trouble getting the plug with the wires to budge.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright guys I got em off. I jacked up the other side today and tried it first and it poped right off. The other side just needed some tugging, it was realling stuck on (I was just scared to tug yesterday cause I wasnt sure if I was doing it right.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
For the future, this is the tab I was talking about.

Press the one side down, and the toothed side will come up (like a teeter-totter) and the plug comes out without any tugging.

Congrats man! Awesome stuff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts