Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put 1/4 inch spacers on rears to prevent rubbing, with the wheel I have. I have already purchased the spacers, now I need to know how long the studs are going to need to be since I don't have enough thread now to get a good bite.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I don't know him personally, but Van from OTG is a good guy, you can pm him and maybe he can tell you. You really should return them and get the shims from OTG. they go behind the hub and are better than the ones that go in front...nevermind the first sentence. But if you still want the ones that go in front, OTG has them too...

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
TO be honest I wouldn't know but it might be better to do the spacers first. Grinding things down to make others fit doesn't exactly feel right in the put of my stomach.

·
Registered
974 Posts
darynshrock said:
Will I need to take off the hub in order to put 1/4 inch longer studs on?
No, the studs are pressed into the drums, I think. Take the drums off and your local repair shop can replace the studs if you can't for a nominal fee.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
They have spacers that come with studs in them. It really depends on the size of spacers you purchased too, though. I know that if you get the 25mm spacers for the rear, it will bring you flush with the front. You might have to roll the fenders also if you go that much out too though.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
They have spacers that come with studs in them. It really depends on the size of spacers you purchased too, though. I know that if you get the 25mm spacers for the rear, it will bring you flush with the front. You might have to roll the fenders also if you go that much out too though.
Here's a shot of the spacer.......

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
darynshrock said:
Do you think that possibly grinding down that knob on the control arm will give me the clearance i need? I only need a couple mm.

Thats what I did! But later I got the 5mm spacers just to bring the wheel out a little. You don't need longer studs unless you go more than 5mm.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I now have the 25mm spacers on rear as pictured above. 25mm w/ 40 off-set wheels.

Before & After.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
dsimes said:
Impressive padanky! I like the look

They work well with the stock wheels too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Padanky said:
They work well with the stock wheels too.
can you get them online or at a parts store?

Also, do you have to re-torque them after 50 & 100 miles to seat them in like you do new rims?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Greg81 said:
So do you really need spacer's? or just order two wheels with the back spacing thats correct? the tires dont last long enough to rotate.

The way xB's are designed the rear wheels will always tuck in more unless you get staggerred offset rims.

Thats why OTG makes this: http://www.onetongarage.com/products/rear_spacer_shim/index.html

They are made specifically to bring the rear wheels out to the same level as the fronts. I believe no xB or xA is complete without them. :D

And no, I'm not sponsored by OTG.....lol.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Frankenscion is right. I also sport the OTG 10mm shims, and they are a great product. But I do have to say that they still don't run flush with the front if you have a +40 offset. I have the TC Evo's from Axis, and they are a +42, and they aren't flush. I does look nicer now though. Or it could just be my new Kenstyle kit thats playin mind games with me :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.