Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to the garage to stare at my new box the other morning, since it was merely 2 days old at the time, and noticed the rear bumper had a big gouge in it. Looks like somebody hit it with a shopping cart!:mad: I drove a beat up S-10 Blazer for 2 years, and nothing ever happened to it. I have a new car for 2 days, and some lowlife hits it with a shopping cart. I guess I just cant have anything nice. I gotta get one of those bumper protectors now, to cover up the scratch and prevent any more. dont mind me, I just felt like ranting.....

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
As you have every right to vent...lol I had mine for all of about a week and a half before some lady decided to back into it in the parking lot. Thankfully it didnt dent anything, it just scratched some paint off the corner of the front bumper. :(

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I got tapped on the rear bumper by a lady reaching into the back of her car to adjust her son's seatbelt. The funny thing is I had just saw her at the 7-11 minutes before, her son (who was maybe three or four) had tried to open the door for me. You should have seen the look on her face when I said, "Well, didn't think we'd see each other again so soon!"

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
At least you were cool about it. I on the other hand, I'm embarrassed to say, completely lost it...the poor lady was shaking pretty bad, I started to feel sorry for her...lol :eek:

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
boxd_up_2 said:
At least you were cool about it. I on the other hand, I'm embarrassed to say, completely lost it...the poor lady was shaking pretty bad, I started to feel sorry for her...lol :eek:
Trust me, it was soooooo hard to stay in control, especially when she said she was adjusting her kids seatbelt 'cause she forgot to buckle him up!

Luckily the damage was minor, but my box didn't have any blemishes before that! :mad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I hate to see any dings or scratches on a new car...ANY car!
Around 1 1/2 years ago, my wife and I were coming home to Louisiana from Boston and she ran into the back of my Tacoma with our Matrix. She cried and appologized. I felt so bad for her!

Well, Surely it wouldn't happen again, right?

WRONG!

We just picked up the Tacoma and xB from the dealer after some oil changes last week, and BAM! She ran into me again! It's hard to get mad at your own wife for doing it, but I was biting my tongue after the second time.

Luckily, it only dented the bumber on the truck and there is a slight blemish on the xB! You can't see it unless you are looking for it. The truck bumper needed to be replaced from the last episode, so no harm there (other than my neck!).

Needless to say, we kept a big space between us coming back here to California this time!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have always been a car guy, and when I am in a parking lot, I am extrordinarily careful not to damage my or anybody elses vehicle. I get really frustrated when people dont show the same respect. I havn't had a nice car in a long time, and I am a little too overprotective of it I guess. I just want it to stay nice. My wife's Avalon was just hit last week at her work, and the person just left. She didnt even see it until she got home and I found it. Oh well, I guess that's what insurance is for.:(

·
Registered
219 Posts
My wife and I both have xBs. The car is made of so much plastic and thin metal that we too are extrememly careful about how we drive it and where we park it. In spite of its fragile bodywork, we both love the cars. When we go to the mall, more often than not, we take my beat up '92 pick up truck. If anyone knocks into it, they suffer. That truck has more steel in one fender than the xB has in the entire body. With all that, both of us suffered damage to our cars at the hands of two other idiot drivers - a week apart. We were gonig to pick mine upat the body shop when she got rear ended. Talk about your luck!

Bottom line is - don't dwell on it - get it repaired - get on the road - enjoy your box and watch out for the other fools knowing that half the world is below average and all of them seem to be driving next to you.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Yep know the feeling -- Wife went to the store the other day and parks out
in the back 40 of the lot way away from everyone else only to come out and
find some nimwit decided to key the box. She freaked out knowing that I
wasn't going to be real happy. Haven't tried to buff it out yet, but I got this
feeling the door will need repainting.:mad:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You'll love this...first night out with the new Box, I take my girlfriend out to dinner. We come out after eating and stop to have a smoke (no smoking in the Box) and she feels a spider crawl across her toes. She screams, does a knee-jerk reaction kick to get the spider off and her sandle goes flying into the side of the Box right by the gas filler door. It put a friggin' ding in the body! A sandle! She still denies that there is a dent. She "can't" see it. If she wasn't so damn cute and I didn't love her so much, she would have had to walk home. (j/k) That was in December and she still doesn't see the ding even though everyone else see's it when it's pointed out! Wadda ya gonna do?

Just like Norm says..."Women, you can't live with them and you can't get them to dress up in those little Nazi outfits". ;)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
funny story surf, reminds me of a few years ago when I stayed the night in Vegas for a weekend. Reserved this super nice suite, so what's the first thing you do when you walk in the door after a loooong drive back from up north?? Kick off your shoes!!! First shoe came off a little easier than I expected, flew into the room and smashes a glass framed painting on the wall. Falls off the wall and everything, lol. I hadn't even been fully in the doorway yet, didn't even know what the room LOOKED like lol :D :D

get the bill later for like 200 bucks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

as far as my box goes, I've been fairly lucky so far *knock on wood* my rear passenger door was scratched by one of my sisters opening the door into something when I took them out for a drive the first week I had it. Nothing touch-up paint couldn't fix though. Then a few weeks ago my wife pulled into a parking space too far and ran the lip into the curb. Haven't had a chance to really buff it out yet, but a little touch up paint covered most of it :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine is three months old and my wife noticed yesterday that there is a little ding on the rear corner where someone hit it and just left. It isn'y very bad, but it pisses me off, of course.

It is good to remember that there are more important things in life.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
funny story surf, reminds me of a few years ago when I stayed the night in Vegas for a weekend. Reserved this super nice suite, so what's the first thing you do when you walk in the door after a loooong drive back from up north?? Kick off your shoes!!! First shoe came off a little easier than I expected, flew into the room and smashes a glass framed painting on the wall. Falls off the wall and everything, lol. I hadn't even been fully in the doorway yet, didn't even know what the room LOOKED like lol

OMG that's hilarious! :p

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Dew said:
funny story surf, reminds me of a few years ago when I stayed the night in Vegas for a weekend. Reserved this super nice suite, so what's the first thing you do when you walk in the door after a loooong drive back from up north?? Kick off your shoes!!! First shoe came off a little easier than I expected, flew into the room and smashes a glass framed painting on the wall. Falls off the wall and everything, lol. I hadn't even been fully in the doorway yet, didn't even know what the room LOOKED like lol :D :D

get the bill later for like 200 bucks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What did you do with the other shoe? ROTFLMAO :D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
I got tapped on the rear bumper by a lady reaching into the back of her car to adjust her son's seatbelt. The funny thing is I had just saw her at the 7-11 minutes before, her son (who was maybe three or four) had tried to open the door for me. You should have seen the look on her face when I said, "Well, didn't think we'd see each other again so soon!"
Yeah, you were too nice. She's lucky she didn't hurt anyone or do major damage. It's called "pull over woman and take care of your business safely!":mad:

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
This goes to show you that people need to pay attention when driving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.