Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been doing some interior modification to my box. Let me know what you think.

This is what it was like for almost 3 years. I had some generic seat covers just to protect the seats from everyday life. Finally decided to get some clazzios. I got the all black with leather inserts, and the difference is night and day. It looks like the car actually came like this stock. Nobody believes me that these are seat covers.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I also did my steering wheel. Knowing how difficult it is to find a steering wheel cover for our cars, I bought a sew-type cover from Ebay (hong kong of course) and then after several tries and numerous blisters and pin pricks later installed it onto the steering wheel. Its not perfect, but its a world nicer feel than the stock plastic steering wheel, and all for $10 plus a couple of hours of weekend time. :D

As you guys can see I also did a head unit upgrade to a Pioneer p4400. It is an awesome unit and has Bluetooth, which is very nice for those of us who like to obey the law and not talk on our cell phones while driving. It took a bit of work, but I routed the microphone to the sun visor. All in all I am quite happy with the upgrades.
The next things to come are a shift boot, hand brake boot and armrest cover. Ordered these from redlinegoods.net a week ago, so they should be arriving any day now! Excited and can't wait. Will definitely post pictures when those are installed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you go about installing the shiftboot in the automatic? You got me interested here they look nice

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found a few people online that have done this mod. I havent gotten the boot myself (should be arriving any day now), but here is a photo of a guy's automatic that is modded with the boot. It looks really good.

Here is another one that looks ok. Not the nicest looking but definitely not bad.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I finally got my shift boot, hand brake boot, and also armrest cover.
Here are the promised pictures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the boot from redlinegoods.com. It is a boot for the manual, but it works just fine.

They are awesome and nice to deal with. The package took a week to ship but it actually ships from Poland. Their products are not cheap, but they are top notch and they are great to deal with.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a couple of new interior goodies that I have installed.
I liked having the chrome accents on the shift knob, but it didnt go with anything else in the car, so I stumbled upon the opportunity to buy some replacement chrome door handles (it turns out corolla door handles are identical to scion ones, who knew). Super easy mod and cost me a total of $65. Its a subtle touch but I think its worth it.

Also I just finished making DIY door armrests. I posted a full writeup with pictures in the DIY section, so please check that out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What year is your Xb? Did the iPod / AUX connection come from the factory that way? I would love to make that mod on mine because they are hidden away inside the console armrest and really awkward to access. Also LOVE that Pioneer unit! That thing makes the Alpine unit in my '11 look sad ... Keep up the good work! (and never in a million years would I have guessed those were seat covers either)

---------- Post added 01-13-2014 at 05:28 PM ----------

Ok ... duh to the newbie! Right in the title ... '09 ... sorry for being a little dense today! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seat covers look awesome, but why not upgrade to a leather steering wheel? It's cheap and very DIY. The RAV4 leather steering wheel can be had fairly cheaply on ebay (under $100) and is a direct swap. Just put your controls and airbag on it (I don't think you even have to disconnect the airbag wires, just slip it through)

http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-g...-anyone-hate-steering-wheel-3.html#post152001

---------- Post added 01-19-2014 at 10:44 PM ----------

Oops forgot to mention, I believe it's a 07-10 RAV4 steering wheel that will swap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts