Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i put this here because it involves my friend's engine and injen sri intake, but if this is better suited somewhere else then mods please move it.

anyways, my friend Jen (and this actually a friend, not me trying to cover my ass) rear ended an acura about a week ago in her xb. body shop gets jen's xb and examines the damage and everything- hood, bumper, driver fenders, etc. anyway, they get to checking the engine compartment and find that her injen sri (which she installed about 2 days before the accident) punched a hole in the engine block.
upon hearing this i immediately called BS, because that just doesn't seem possible. i dont see how that little piece of aluminum could destroy the engine to the point where the insurance company is thinking about totaling the car with an estimate of only about $1600 for the body work.

so, my brothers and sisters, basically i'm calling for anybody who has had any kind of experience like this, knows if this is actually possible or what. i haven't seen the damage and until i do i refuse to believe that its actually possible. what's everybody's take on this??

·
Registered
466 Posts
I see the intake crushing before damaging the block. Go look at it. If it's BS say so.

I don't know how bad the accident way, but 1600 doesn't sound liek much.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
The Intake is not going to damage the block, maybe the TB.....I'm jumping on the BS bandwagon. As you can see Pictures are needed for further review.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everybody. pics may come this week, depends if i get a chance to get out to the shop where her car is.
as far as the accident itself, i guess i should've been a bit more specific since that might help- she was going about 20 miles per hour and her driver side of the xb took the majority of the hit from what i understand.
as sesh mentioned, i can understand if the TB is kinda screwed up, but a hole in the block seems rediculous.
thanks for all the input- will keep everybody posted.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It will bend before the case gives. Unless the something bent it and then went through intake on the way to the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.