Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’ve owned my Xb for just over 6 years and 60k miles. Here are some of the issues and symptoms I dealt with now that my car is past 200k.

Overheat temp light then engine shuts off. Turns back over but then dies again. Happened especially when stopped. Replaced engine temp sensor but problem continued. Thermostat was the issue. Very easy to fix, $40 all in.

Lost acceleration on highway with no response from throttle. Car shuddered to turn over after multiple attempts. Bad voltage regulator within alternator. New alternator was $140 rebuilt. Somewhat awkward to replace but more time consuming than hard.

Rough start up and then lost all power on highway. No turnover and the whole car violently shook. Clogged air intake. My AEM cold air intake had foam that broke down over the lifetime of my car and clogged it. AEM next day shipped me a replacement part. Free, removed foam and swapped out the part.

Rough idle with hard stop or at stoplight. Happened following bad thermostat around 190k. Valve cover gasket fixed the issue. $15, about an hour. If you have a strut bar you need to remove it to make clearance easier for the valve cover.

The valve cover gasket and the thermostat were the most frustrating to diagnose but hopefully this helps someone else.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Very good info for future use. Thank You

1 - 2 of 2 Posts