·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Mayyyybbeeee. :)

Reactions: dubeexb06

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Well, the kit mazinger357 posted link too moved on to a new owner last week. It is pretty.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Dang that was fast , sorry didn't know it was sold��
LOL Playing, I gave you the hint that they are pretty. :nerd:

Got them installed this past weekend. Was an all day affair as before installing I had to correct some minor mechanical issues, install replacement headrest monitors (darn hard to find the replacements monitorswith the exact dimensions to fit the hole already cut in them) and my headrest speakers, and cleaning and conditioning the leather.

The color combo and that they are Monogramed "Release Series 2.0" made them extra special for obvious reasons.

Attachments

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Or rather "It is pretty".

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
I'm just flattered that he thought of my RS 2.0 project when he was the Craigslist ad. That was very much appreciated.

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 08:10 PM ----------

saw the Craigslist ad.

·
ZLockhart
29 Posts
I added the underglow/puddle lights Saturday. They are relayed off of the dome light. On a side note... Last week I managed to chip the paint off of the rear bumper. Anyone know where to get enough touch-up paint to cover this thing up? I ordered a touch-up pen from toyota but I have a feeling it's not gonna be enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sooo glad another RS2 owner finally got those seats. I'm in PDX and saw that craig's ad a while back. Made me want to get a RS2 just so I could have a reason to buy those seats. Congrats! I do have RS2 turn signal mirrors on my BOP XB painted to match, courtesy of Raysxb.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Thanks.

The funny part is the seller owns an RS2, and despite listing them on Craigslist seemed really on the fence about selling them. Not surprising.

I think the motivation to sell was the time and effort needed to do the minor repairs needed and replacing the headrest monitors before they could be installed. The last part was more challenging than one would expect given the slim fit needed. He was also not sure if he would like the firmer feel of sitting on leather. I can report it feels GREAT! Anyway, I was excited about them and persistence paid off in the end.

I'd really like to meet the original owner of the seats as he was quite clever in the design and ho ever he commissioned to do the re-upholstering gave fantastic attention to detail.

1061 - 1076 of 1076 Posts