Scion xB Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Been on here for a min and never thought to post here since felt like everyone's box is flashier than mine till I got a theme few years back and start building to it, then viola!

These are shots from past summer local car show...

Going for abit throwback, JDM take on USDM 70's surfer van feel.

Then the last group shot was from Xmas when me and a few pal went for breakfast

Attachments

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
I guess I need to take some pictures of mine. There was some taking pictures at the Norwalk meet with a fancy camera. Since that would be better than anything I could do with my cell phone camera, hopefully he's a forum member that will post up a link to the pics.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
I'm going with some racing wheels, Enkie RPO1 15's for lightest alternative. This as my centerpiece for my getting into this game is gas mileage with maximized fun factor. I'm just not a Prius/Honda Civic kid of guy, probably because I watch too much Top Gear I guess.

Bigger wheels have shorter sidewalls, so less sidewall to absorb road shocks aka rougher ride.

Bigger wheels are simply heavier, so hinders what performance our little 4 banger engines can provide since it has to work harder to push that heavier mass along. One study I ready quantified a four-percent degradation in 0-to-60-mph acceleration from the 15s to the 19s.

And what put my choice over the top, that same 15's to 19's study measured a 10-percent drop in fuel economy.

So, as I indicate in my signature on this subject, lighter is better. :)_

---------- Post added 01-26-2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Right now I'm rolling the stock steelies with stock hub caps painted yellow, so I'm rolling the Hot Wheels look until the tires are worn out.

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Stitched on a leather cover for the steering wheel, and replaced gear shift boot and knob all with yellow accents to go with the RS2 yellow theme

Attachments

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Better picture showing the yellow stitched shift boot and knob.

Attachments

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
Here is my 2.0 with her new to me Enkie RP02 Racing wheels. I went with these for Enkie quality and that they're amazingly light (why I stayed with 15's) which will help the MPG goals I have.

Attachments

·
Rescued RS 2.0
815 Posts
The side skirts and lower valance of the rear bumper will ultimately match the front lip with goal to reduce the visual height of my toaster. Note how the front looks compared to the sides and you see what I mean.

·
Registered
218 Posts

Here's a picture just before hitting the road on the way home from BITS 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigRuss
1021 - 1040 of 1076 Posts