Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, we just got a little snow.... lol

We were on the north end of the storm so I want you guys in IA, NE, and IL to post up pics of your car and snow too.

Here are mine. The snow piles up higher than my xB after we cleared out our driveway...... lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
We didn't get hit to bad in Chicago on Saturday night. Streets were bad for a couple of hours then on Sunday most of it was gone because it was 35 outside.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Lol damn! Suprisingly we missed it. We had the crazy blizzard warnings, but we only got flurries with like 45 mph winds. By noon the next morning, 95% of it was melted away. Sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard! (Omaha/Lincoln had pretty much the same fate as us. Not much)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well, we got hit, but I didn't. I couldn't have picked a better time to go to Colorado for a wedding!

My xB was parked here at work, read: no trees to fall on it YAY! and we were driving my wife's so it's fine too.

My driveway is still a hazzardous area though with the weighted trees hanging over it. Not cool.

The wife took a couple of pictures, but I don't have them here. I'll see if I can get them up at some point.

In any case, we've been moving snow at the dealership for two days now. It has not been pleasant. This stuff is extremely heavy and wet. My back and shoulder are messed up now as a result and I'm guessing it's costing our dealership a small fortune to move this crap out of here. Looks like some needed melting will happen today, but we'll get buried again tomorrow according to the forecast!

-Alex

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
I drove to NE and back to Detroit through it all. I mainly was hit with sleet, freezing rain and icy roads. I think from Des Moines to Davenport they did not plow I-80. I know my box was one of few vehicles on the road between Omaha and Des Moines.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6"-12" on the way starting tonight to add to the snow we already got up here. BOOOO

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Storm is back today-Saturday here in Minneapolis. It's supposed to end up being in the top 5 of largest snowfalls ever in MN history.

I got stuck in my driveway today... lol My perfectly flat, level driveway.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are pics of the snow that has fallen Thursday and it's not stopping until late Friday. Holy moly this is A LOT of snow!

And here is what fell on my car the 90 seconds the nose was out there to show you how high the snow was.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
OMG!! Get a cover!!!! lol

I have one and man, I'll tell ya, it's SO easy to get the snow off the car!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Delivered a pizza oven to a new Jakes Grill in n. St. Paul , thurs am.now have been sitting @ the "steer" truckstop @ mile marker 69 I-35 waiting for the roads to be re-opened to Des Moines.doesn't look none too good. still snowing @ midnight. thurs nite/friday morning.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lol damn! Suprisingly we missed it. We had the crazy blizzard warnings, but we only got flurries with like 45 mph winds. By noon the next morning, 95% of it was melted away. Sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard! (Omaha/Lincoln had pretty much the same fate as us. Not much)

Um im in Omaha. We got 10-12 inches. I think thats alot. Lincoln got around 7-8 from what my sister-in-law said.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last weekend we got 13"

The second wave of the storm Thursday and into today has dropped another 12" or more. It's still snowing today and it's not supposed to stop until mid day Saturday.

Thursday night the snow was falling at 1" per hour!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^^^ lol

I'm from FL originally, moved to MN just after high school to go to college and I have no desire to move back.

Up here the seasons actually change and I like that. I could do without winter, but what can I do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts