Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
wax bottle candy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was soo nice outside today so i decided to clean up my box. and then i got the bright idea of tinting the headlights and foglights. about an hour and $3 later, here are the results. i am very satisfied :)

BEFORE....

AFTER....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looks sweet. Details on how you did it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looking good, is that just the Tint overlay? I thought about doing that to mine, but I thought it may defeat the purpose of having the Fogs if it cuts the light down. Does it lower the amount of light coming out that much?

·
wax bottle candy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the nice comments.. i always feel so welcome here :)

i bought the [35%] tint from walmart and it was only $3 because it is a small roll and also because it is only a tint strip for the windshield; all it needed to stick was water. i was doing this as an experiment to see what it would look like if i put real tint on it in the future. however, the laws here in VA are pretty strict and i could get pulled for it so i think this is a good short term option in case i do get pulled. i can just take it right off. i just cut the film to fit the lights, and i didnt even have to take the lights off of the car.

and i just drove around w/ the lights on (night time) and i did not notice a huge difference but i can tell that they are a little bit dimmer. nothing drastic though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
That looks really sharp, Nice work!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I think it was more or less my wording more than lol at you being a girl or anything. LOL

He's thinking in the gutter in other words. ;)

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Is the tint on the inside or outside? If on the outside, it seems that any water or moisture would cause it to start peeling.

Like the look though, especially on a darker car.

·
wax bottle candy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
boxd_up_2 said:
Is the tint on the inside or outside? If on the outside, it seems that any water or moisture would cause it to start peeling.

Like the look though, especially on a darker car.

yeah its on the outside.. i think if it rains it will peel, but it gives me a good idea of what it would look like if it was permanent.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks really good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.