Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scored an 04 5spd 8P8 with 88k on the clock a coupla weeks ago. In fairly great shape short of the smoke smell in it. Hasn't been loved on so I had to throw it some TLC to clean it up, deodorize it, replace tb hose to tank to turn off some dash lights, slam the back door while pushing window button to free that window up, etc etc etc. Have begun making it mine with several mods, fixes, updates, and fresh parts. Runs and rolls great, motor all dry, everything works. Had bought one back in 07 for one of my daughters and always liked how kooky quirky cool these are and have always had Toyotas so it is natural fit with Tacoma and RAV4 SE buddies to hang with now.

20200307_202111.jpg
20200307_202135.jpg
20200307_203444.jpg

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. Show it some love and it will last a long time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, been thru it stem to stern givin it attention it hasn't been gettin. Have 2 stereos on the way, T1804 and a T1806 with the color function. got pioneer TS-G1045s in dash, 1620s and 1345s on the way for doors and hatch. Also have a aux/usb/ipod grom audio adapter for stereo. Added dual usb charging in place of cig lighter that has volt readout. Cabin air, engine air filters, plugs, fixed tb hose to turn off vsc trac and chk engine lights, tightened squeaky alt belt that's new and probably stretched a bit settling in. Added fogs in bumper, replaced missing lower grill pieces, modded a battery Tacoma battery tiedown on hand to work since that was missing item, did led dome ac panel and headlights. New wipers up front and whole arm with wiper out back. Have one of those chinese center console armrest things on the way. Added cargo net to hatch area. Saw this one for sale and snapped it up on impulse buy, lol........front stb, rear shocks and progress rear sway are next target items and then some sort of rr view with homelink and map lights and maybe compass temp. I have a bluetooth obdii and torque app on fon so that gives me water temp, maf, mpg or whatever extra dash items I might want. Pretty good start for not even having it 3 weeks yet.......havin fun with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts