Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 as of tonight.

the first time someone asked me was when i was at the supermarket parking lot last month. a curious old couple (that drive an old Volvo) came up to me and asked "what car is this? i've never seen them before" i said its a Scion. then they started to asked many questions like "where can you buy this?", "how was the ride?", "how much is it?", and etc. they might be interested in them.

well tonight, when i was filling up the gas at the gas station, an old lady (drive a Lincoln) came up to me and said "what kind of car is this? this is my second time to see it on the road" i said "its a Scion". the she asked "whats the mpg you get on this?" i said a little more than 30. then she said "is this a 4 or a 6?" at that point, i was wondering how would a 6 get inside the box, lol! then she walks around my xB while she was waiting for her car to fill up. she said "wow, this car is very unique! but what dont you like about this car?" man, i was speechless since i got no complaint about the car, so i said "nothing".

did any of the people asked you anything about your xB yet?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
When I first got it, it seemed like everytime I went out someone would ask. Now since you see them everywhere, It doesn't happen as much. But it still happens.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I get asked all the time! I wonder if ppl are still living under rocks or really have their eyes "on the road"!! lol

How could you have not seen one in the past three years??

Weird!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
We drove to Laughlin and people were gawking at us there like we were in a low-flying UFO or something! There were a few people that asked us what kinda car it was, "an Element?" LMAO!!! :rolleyes: But they were genuinely curious.

Not one single person here in L.A. has asked me. Most barely even glance my direction, they don't care. :( My boss did say, and I'm sure she meant it in a nice way -lol- that it's the "ugliest" car she's ever seen. She who drives a FORD. ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Yeah, it still happens more than I can tell you. (Even in Cali!!) I get the "Element" thing too! Nobody bags on it (at least to my face), but the "curiousity factor" is still there. As mention before, where are these people living? :confused:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
My boss made fun of me today!! She hurt my feelings actually....

She told one of her customers "Can you believe they actually have clubs for those things!! Its NOT like its a Corvette! They think they're so damn cute!"

Like I wasnt sitting right there!!! :rolleyes:

She said some other stuff too so I went and put my box's pic as my desktop background on my computer!! :p :p

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Ugh, another person calling it a "thing!" I hate that!!!!!!!!!!

Nice move on the xB desktop! That'll show 'em!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
The xB is cutest car with the biggest personality out there, and nobody can tell me differently! I remember what I used to think of it, so I just gotta say that those people haven't "met" the xB like you have.

The older I get, I tell ya, the less and less I worry what other people think about me and the stuff I like. :D (psst ... corvette's are the ugly ones! hehe)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
LMAO!

I just read the title again....Johnny the ppl aren't asking my xB what kinda car it is they're actually asking ME! :p

Boys NEVER re-read their posts do they!! LOL!!!

They just go thru life with a whatever attitude!!!! ....

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
boxd_up said:
The xB is cutest car with the biggest personality out there, and nobody can tell me differently! I remember what I used to think of it, so I just gotta say that those people haven't "met" the xB like you have.

The older I get, I tell ya, the less and less I worry what other people think about me and the stuff I like. :D (psst ... corvette's are the ugly ones! hehe)

WOW!!! I MUST be mature!!! LOL Im with YOU I dont give a flying .... what ppl think of me and my choices!! :D

"IM A GROWN-UP!!!" :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Ugh, another person calling it a "thing!" I hate that!!!!!!!!!!

Nice move on the xB desktop! That'll show 'em!

I dont know why the club thing bothers her!! My friend who told me about the job has one and I have two so she thinks we're overboard!

I bet she really just hates the fact that she drives a HUGE truck and fills up on fifty bucks! I fill up on twenty one! ;) She always asks me about my gas mileage! LOL

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Corvette clubs are for guys who are lacking in the "package" department. We don't have to buy an expensive sports car to compensate for our insecurities. The truth of the matter is, guys who drive the xB spend more time in a box than any other vehicle. ;) I think I'll work on making a new stereotype, kinda like the 'big hands, big.....". The new one, "small Box, Big.....". :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
i was at mcdonalds and an older lady came up to me and was like i like that little car your driving what is it. and the many questions they ask when seeing a new car.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I keep getting the "element" thing. Drives me nuts. Last time was at the grocery store, and I told the lady "no, it isnt an element, theyre just too curvy".

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
xjeepguy said:
I keep getting the "element" thing. Drives me nuts. Last time was at the grocery store, and I told the lady "no, it isnt an element, theyre just too curvy".
I hate that! Only in the drive-thru I get that, and "oh, I love these things! It's like a baby Hummer!"

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.