Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: So i was think of dropping my xb some more because the trd springs dont cut it anymore. I now have saved enough money to get some tanabe DF210's but I kind of think coils would be better in the long run because i would end up getting them anyway. SO, help me out people should i get springs or go the coil route? and if i get coils what brand/make/model?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coilovers, Whats out there? ive heard of so many different brands but what would you suggest? Do i need damening adjustment? Could i get away with just geting Tein basics or Progress Coilovers?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Depends exactly on what you wanna do. Are you doing it for shows, or for racing and stuff like that? Will you ever need to raise it back to stock? Whats your budget to work with? Lots of questions need answering probably.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im looking in the under one grand range, used just for looks and performance in town, and i would like to be able to raise it up in the winter unless you guys have had experence with tanabes or goldlines in winter.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Well, you're gonna finds lots of opinions here in reference to coilovers.

HKS, Tein, Cusco, JIC.... the list goes on and on. You'll get more opinions soon enough. And good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well I have progress, and they can slam the heck outta the car. Im riding probably the lowest of anyone on this site Id be willing to bet for daily driving. They can raise it to maybe an inch lower than stock at highest, but you will never get back to stock. (which is fine since i live in NE and I know how snow goes). Performance, theyre lacking if you want to do autox. I had DF210s before, and they were stiffer and more spirited. Progress is fine enough for city and a few country road ones, but theyre not great if you want to get into serious autox racing. For looks and a few fun runs, Progress would be perfect. I would also recommend with them Monroe 5870s so that you can have a better ride, and slam it low. Theyre only like 60 bucks and do a great job. Hope this helps. Any questions, PM me!

scotty

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Well I have progress, and they can slam the heck outta the car. Im riding probably the lowest of anyone on this site Id be willing to bet for daily driving. They can raise it to maybe an inch lower than stock at highest, but you will never get back to stock. (which is fine since i live in NE and I know how snow goes). Performance, theyre lacking if you want to do autox. I had DF210s before, and they were stiffer and more spirited. Progress is fine enough for city and a few country road ones, but theyre not great if you want to get into serious autox racing. For looks and a few fun runs, Progress would be perfect. I would also recommend with them Monroe 5870s so that you can have a better ride, and slam it low. Theyre only like 60 bucks and do a great job. Hope this helps. Any questions, PM me!

scotty
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You can trust this brother, he knows!! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.