Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking around for some film or something to smoke my tail lights and all i've found is companies that will do it if i take my taillights out and send it to them, but i drive my car everyday and cant do that does anyone have any ideas of what to do?
Thank you :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was in San Diego a friend of mine had a can of spray tint, Dont know where he got it, but it worked AWESOME for smoking tail/head lights. Ill look online and see if I can find spray tint. Now that you mention it I want to do blackouts on my box too. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad I could be of assistance. I would recomend getting a spare set of tails just in case you dont like the way it turns out. Post some pics when you get it done, We like pics. Im going to be getting rid of my reflectors this weekend and will be postin some pics. L8R

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
it's easy to do 'em. i used the spray with the japanese writing. it was called vans. wipe down your tail lights with alcohol. just do 1 coat at a time. see how dark you want them smoked. be patient. it's the key. i'm retiring mine coz i received a ticket for it. damn rookie cops! ::shakes fist:: here's the pic to give you an idea. this is only 3 coats so it looks amberish. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
heres my film overlay:

sorry for the horrrrrible pic, but it is a cell phone and ill try to take some pictures with a real camera of them tomorrow. install was easy, and had no bubbles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.