Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just wanted to inform you guys about smoging your xbs now that calforina past a new fu*king law again any mods in the engine to the exhaust will fail unless toyota apoves it with there carb on it this includes headers intake exhaust etc my buddy that just tryed to smog his car yesterday with an injen intake fail even though there was a 50 state legal carb on it they said that anything that is tampered will fail well that all for now more info soon

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
wait a minute, then if Scion is offering these parts as CARB and/or 50 state legal, should you be able to get ur money back from them :confused: It's basically false advertisment, yes? Good thing I held on to the stock air box for next year. By the way, is it the visual he didnt get past?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if you bought your intake or the dc exhaust that comes with the rs its legal cuz it has the trd carb from toyota on it

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeah, but did he not pass because of the visual of everything? Thats the real question ;) Cuz if you get the MMW header, the OEM header pipe cover goes right back on :D As for intake, I can slap the ol one back on for acouple of days, so Im not worried about that one :cool:

·
Registered
296 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
yeah, but did he not pass because of the visual of everything? Thats the real question ;) Cuz if you get the MMW header, the OEM header pipe cover goes right back on :D As for intake, I can slap the ol one back on for acouple of days, so Im not worried about that one :cool:[/QUOTE

Your right they will fail you on the visual part of it before they even hook it up to run any test! Cali sucks for smog laws! Oh well thats life! :mad:

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
azynboi03 said:
well if you bought your intake or the dc exhaust that comes with the rs its legal cuz it has the trd carb from toyota on it
no it doesnt have trd carb it has regualr carb. and exhaust peices aka behind teh cat converter don't require carb certification

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Down4Action1 said:
BOXlover11 said:
yeah, but did he not pass because of the visual of everything? Thats the real question ;) Cuz if you get the MMW header, the OEM header pipe cover goes right back on :D As for intake, I can slap the ol one back on for acouple of days, so Im not worried about that one :cool:[/QUOTE

Your right they will fail you on the visual part of it before they even hook it up to run any test! Cali sucks for smog laws! Oh well thats life! :mad:
the funny part is all xb headers will pass the tailpie portion of smog.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the thing is that if they look at your car and they see mods they will fail you thats it they dont care if theres a 50 state legal carb they only will do the test only if it has the toyota carb thats it

·
Registered
296 Posts
azynboi03 said:
well the thing is that if they look at your car and they see mods they will fail you thats it they dont care if theres a 50 state legal carb they only will do the test only if it has the toyota carb thats it
Yup had that happen 2 times at 2 different places!! I showed the guy all the proper things needed to prove it was 50 state smog legal and he still wasnt having it!! Just how it goes sometimes!! Just make sure you have all your stock pieces and throw em on before you get your smog test!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ThunderGod said:
i'll tell ya what. lets all git da TRD sticker and stickit on the tail pipes and over the injen label. hey its TRD!! :p ;) there goes yo visual baby!
lol thats right but if anyone needs to smog there car i no a guy thta would do it for like 20 bucks more

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
azynboi03 said:
there is no toyota carb unless it is a trd supercharger kit.

if there is a carb placard it is legal. what's the point of carb placards if theyre useless? i'm sure lil cheap hole in the wall smog places won't care if this law that doesnt maker any sense at all.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My prob is that I wanna run a turbo set-up, and there are 50-state legal set ups for the xB. I just think that guy wanted to see an extra $50 thrown at him. Whats funny is, bring a tundra in w/ a SC, and you somehow pass. Answer that one :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.