Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't bother with those companies that sell those huge ones.

I got the Webasto roof, it's full power, and insulated. I wouldn't go with anything else.

Here are some pics.....

·
Registered
974 Posts
It's a Webasto roof. I had a local shop do the install, parts and labor was about $1200.

And looking on the Webasto website, it looks as though they don't offer this roof anymore. I would contact them about it, maybe you can still get one.

I really wouldn't get any other cloth roof than this one. Those other brands are cool and all due to their sheer size, but they aren't insulated as well and they don't offer the same leak protection. Plus some of them aren't even power forrs like mine.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I dont believe that one is in production any longer. They were having some problems with it and yanked it. Unless they have done some modifications and put it back out there. It is very good looking and Webasto is one of the best when it comes to sun roofs

·
Registered
119 Posts
onelowbb,
Have you experienced any structural problems with the removal of such a large portion of the rooftop? Do the doors still line up or stick when opening or closing? Any sagging? With such a large cutout I would be worried about some kind of issue.

Now, with that said, where did you get that ragtop? Was it a kit? If there aren't any issues I would really like something like that.

Thanks.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Thats nice, I would also like to know about how your box is keeping it's shape!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
onelowbb,
Have you experienced any structural problems with the removal of such a large portion of the rooftop? Do the doors still line up or stick when opening or closing? Any sagging? With such a large cutout I would be worried about some kind of issue.

Now, with that said, where did you get that ragtop? Was it a kit? If there aren't any issues I would really like something like that.

Thanks.
no promlems so far and it has been like that for over a year ,no leaks,no sags & every thing still lines up like factory. I dont know how it would do in a wreck probuly fold like a can. I got it from street beat and it is 37.5x68 thay are a lot cheeper now then when i got mine i paid like 750 and i put it in myself. i guess its the mini trucker in me that dont care if outher people think its notas safe as a smaller rag top cuz i like it

·
Registered
389 Posts
damn that thing is mean it looks great!!!!! wish i had one when I was in Hawaii....maybe I will put one in before the car gets shipped to the Bahamas

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.