Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some information missing that I needed for this. Thanks to PCH, I found out that in order to go slapstick, all that is needed is the button inside the shifter needs pressed at all times.
I took the white plastic out, because I wanted my shifter to be short and out of the way.
The pipe I found was just big enough that a M8x1.25 bolt would fit inside it, and the pipe would fit into the OEM shifter pipe.

Here's all I had left after I cut the metal with a dremel:

I drilled a hole into the front of the pipe, the unseen side, and a screw holds the two pipes together, and also keeps the button pressed.

The copper just sleeves over it for now. I may get a shift boot.

Here's how I have the shift knob installed. I can unscrew it if I want to change it up.

I hope this helps anyone that wants to get rid of their auto 'schoolbus' shifter.

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice dude! I would love to do something like this. but I'l settle for my current setup. any things better than the fugly stock stick
The hardest part is finding the materials. Other than that, its just some cutting.
I'm going to add Loctite or epoxy I think.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of those switches is just sitting right now so I will put it there.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The knob is way taller but the base is much shorter so it comes out about an inch below stock.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man. I need to measure it. Also, what car model shift boot should I be looking for since this one is so short?

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Thanks man. I need to measure it. Also, what car model shift boot should I be looking for since this one is so short?
You'll probably have to cut a regular length one down to size. When Scion Shoppe made mine, they used one of their OE length boots as a template.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a 3000GT one that looks short, not sure how wide it needs to be. Dont they just stuff inside there?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.