Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i finally put on my 19's(sorry no pics yet) and having couple of issues. i'm glad i didnt have tehm put on at the tire shop because i would have destroyed the tires. first of all here is my suspension set up...tein s techs i have otg spacers and camber shims. with the rims on the back tires are tucked in and the front has a little room but not much.
the rims are axis 19x8 maxis lips staggered, one problem only happens when i turn the wheel all the way i hear scraping, i noticed on the back of the front wheel wells it rubs at or almost full turn. i think i heard that you can hit it in with a hammer and it will clear? this is the big thing that bothers me.

then it was hitting the side skirt of my body kit on the driver side but i was able to fix that with a little trimming.

i had the wheel wells shaved out before when i had my 18's and stopped having issues but now the wheel is bigger and the horror came hack. i was taking it for a test drive and though all was fine so i decide to floor it, then i hear some hard rubbing after i hit a bump so i pull over. the tire hit the front side of the rear pass side wheel wel and bent the metal right above the side skirt and took small chunks out of the tire. i was pissed but it happened before when i had my first set of 18's so i saw right away. well bak to the body shop to shave down the wheel wells again of i will take off the spacers.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i took out the inner plastic wheel well when i was rockin 19's! no more rubbing...but you can heat it up also, or just cut a little square out where it rubs

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply, i will try that in the morning and cut it with a razor, now the other issue is with the rear wheel well, i will see if my friend at the body shop can shave out the rest for me hopefully that will take care of teh rubbing, but it looks crazy. they dont feel too heavy either.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem with the 225/40's I'm running on my 18's. You need to roll the fenders in the rear. I cut into mu tire a little bit to but I just rolled it and now more issues. Just be careful cause you'll split paint if you go too fast.
Now the front I had to beat on. There is a spot on the inner fender well that just pokes out I had to beat flat and you should see where it's rubbing on the lock turns. I beat on that a little to and it helped alot. I still rub a little in the front on lock turns but I don't care cause it doesn't hurt anything really.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I run 19's with 45+ offset and 215/35 19 tires.

I rubbed at full lock and still do ever so lightly at times. Trimmed the fender liner on both sides. Got my BFH and found the rubbing area on the inner apron. Hammered that in some, sprayed some undercoat and it is fine.

I only have OTG 10mm spacers in the back. I wanted to go 15mm, but money is tight and it doesn't rub.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Nice ride man!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Try remove the chamber shims, I bet it will fit just right.

I forgot to mention, I am on S-Techs as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yo man im impressed on how the pics came out from my phone ... looks hottt did ya get the quarters rolled and trimmed yet ? let me know

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey louie thanks for helping me out with the test fitting. i took it to the shop and shaved down where it was hitting. i was driving home and heard it rub again on both sides. i tried to roll it some more when i got home but i still hear it so i will try to take off the spacers in teh morning when i have time.
i drove to work with it and as long as the road is smooth its fine and small bumps. on hard bumps its rubs and i cant drive that slow all the time its frustrating and people get pissed at me so i will try to keep the camber and take off teh spacers hopefully that does it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
No problem what are fellow bB drivers for ... thats good to hear bro... maybe we can see if we can mark the tire to see where it rubs and figure out a way to rid the rubbing issue .... where theres a will and a hammer there is ALWAYS a way .... hit u up later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts