Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to do my springs today and when i compared them this is what i'm seeing
If you match the coil springs up where the coil starts the new one ends on the oppisite side is this correct? the number on my df210's os 607 are these the right springs?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
The bigger springs go in the front, smaller end at the top. The rears get the flatter coils at the bottom, just going off memory. Not sure about the part number.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
The bigger springs go in the front, less coils at the top. Looking at my pic.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'll run down stairs and see if I can help some more. BRB

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ok, I couldn't see crap at all. None of the writting was visable.

But I did find the box and in Bold lettering it said:

Df210's
TDF081
04 Scion xB

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Boldprint: TDF081

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I couldn't see any print, once they are on and compressed that rear spring is compressed to about 6-8 inches, and the fronts are up inside the front fenders out of site.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Do they look like the ones above, is it just that the numbers are different that you are worried about. I just put mine on without looking at the numbers, I haven't had any problems. If they look like the ones above then you should be ok.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok here is the pic check out what i mean about where the coil starts and ends look at the top and the bottom.

I couldn't see any print, once they are on and compressed that rear spring is compressed to about 6-8 inches, and the fronts are up inside the front fenders out of site.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
No, that won't matter. Those are rears right? just make sure you place the bottom where it needs to go, the top won't matter.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
From looking at the pic, mine seem to be the same way. I'll find another pic.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Mine are the same as yours.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Place the bottom in the groove, on the rear axle plate. You will see it, don't worry about the top.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
the rears are a 10 minute job. Atleast you are dropping it right the first time. I did the S-Techs first and then went to the Df210's, I just put the Teins on a friends last week, springs and install for $135.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Placing the bottom in the groove is what i wanted to know
So the top can end up where it wants as long as it's in place in the rubber
where it ends. cool thanks for the help. i'm going back in.

Place the bottom in the groove, on the rear axle plate. You will see it, don't worry about the top.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cool nice little side job there.
the rears are a 10 minute job. Atleast you are dropping it right the first time. I did the S-Techs first and then went to the Df210's, I just put the Teins on a friends last week, springs and install for $135.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Let the top go where it will, just place the rubbers and your good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.