Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have 18x7.5 wheels. I am trying to find a tire i can use with a decent sidewall. 215/35 doesn't leave much. 215/40 gives almost another 10mm of sidewall. Anyone have other ideas?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
225/35/18's are right in between the two you listed probably. Not sure. The ride is harsh with 18's, that's why I was more than happy to go to 15x8.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Also take into consideration how low you are. And also look into the tread width of the type of tire your buying. Falken tires have the smallest tread width fyi so maybe something along the lines of Nitto or Pirelli with much wider tread widths so you have the sqauared off tire.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not low at all. I'm still on stock springs so I'm stock height. I figure I can go with a taller sidewall than 215/35 since I don't plan on lowering.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You CAN fit a 215/40R18 under a stock height or even lowered xB. It gives you VERY little clearance in a couple of places though. Any taller than that will give you a rub.

I run the 215/35 Pirellis on my 18s and they do really well. I don't think the ride is harsh at all.

In any case, the 40s will throw your speedo a bit, but if that's what you want they will fit fine.

-Alex

·
Registered
352 Posts
I run 215/40/18 Falken Tires + 18" x 7" +40 Falken Rim and lowered on TRD springs. Absolutely no problems at all, although I still find the car rides pretty rough. I would rec 17" wheels. Its a good compromise between going big and comfort.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've already got the wheels, I'm just trying to find what size shoes I need. I've already been to tirerack, discounttires, and discounttiresdirect. Know any other good places to look online?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts