Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a)how do you remove them?
b)what a good brand of bulbs i can ues to change color and need to know size.
thanks for the info.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For the front side markers, I just used my hands. I dug my finger nails under and pulled on it and it just popped out. I was going to use a flat head screw driver, but I didn't want to scratch the paint. I replaced my fronts with some clear/chrome looking ones on ebay. I haven't tried the rears, but I'm sure the same applies. I'm gonna have my friend remove the rears when he smokes my tail lights. Not sure about the bulb sizes. Pep Boys has the best selections for bulbs.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
For the fronts you can push the entire light housing forward and then pull it off and it uses a 194 bulb. For the back red side markers, there is a 10mm nut that has to be removed. The backside markers also have teh bulb as part of the housing, you cant get the bulb out.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Skeeter said:
For the fronts you can push the entire light housing forward and then pull it off and it uses a 194 bulb. For the back red side markers, there is a 10mm nut that has to be removed. The backside markers also have teh bulb as part of the housing, you cant get the bulb out.
So, if the bulb goes out...you have to buy a whole new side marker?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sucks. anyone good site to find all clear back tail turn in stead of the red. im going to order clear ones for the side markers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have all sorts of colors for bulbs for the front side markers, but i just changed mine back to a clear white, so they light up white when you turn or use your remote entry, but before that i had blue on one side and red on the other but i do have some color changing lights for my license plate lights and they change 7 diff colors and look great. and cops here in boise dont give a crap so yeah im all good

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I also have the clear 194's in the front side markers (changed 'em out when we re-wired the side markers to stay on with the H/L's), looks better with the cleared corners IMO. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
White turn signals are illegal. one more reason to bring unwanted attention. then again in my case, what rear side marker lights?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
JDMJim said:
White turn signals are illegal. one more reason to bring unwanted attention. then again in my case, what rear side marker lights?
Yep, you're soooo right. I've passed alot of the "boys in blue" here and nothing thus far. So until they actually say something....

But here's a question for ya, Jim: Aren't our vehicles required to have the rear markers because of the placement of our tail lights that don't wrap around the fenders?

*Found this post by Squirrel, this is for us Cali peeps.*

Lack of rear reflectors. Two red reflectors are required on the rear of cars and trucks (24607 VC).

·
Registered
110 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
I also have the clear 194's in the front side markers (changed 'em out when we re-wired the side markers to stay on with the H/L's), looks better with the cleared corners IMO. :D

I want to know how you rewired the side marker lights to be on with your H/L's anyway you might be able to show me a DIY diagram or actual pics would be better thanks....

·
Registered
110 Posts
removing the rear side marker

PUNISHER said:
a)how do you remove them?
b)what a good brand of bulbs i can ues to change color and need to know size.
thanks for the info.
Yeah i also want to know how to remove the rear side marker so i can black them out. i woudlnt mind some pics on showing me exactly how to. im sorta a hands on person lol sorry if im too troubling. :D :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.