Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Alpha Squad Nor-Cal
387 Posts
Ok a few of you guys have been giving me crap about doing a post to re-wire your side markers to stay on and blink with your blinkers .So here goes I've never done a D.I.Y. before so be gentle!

Passenger side:

1. behind both of your headlights there is a bundle of wires going to them.
2.Find the ones for your front turn signals.
3. Unplug your harness from your turn signals.
4. you will have to cut off some of the black cover, so you can get to the wires easier .
5. On the passenger side you will need about 5" of extra wire and a couple of wire crimp taps.
6. Find the white with a black stripe wire that goes back into your fender to the side markers and cut it as close to the headlight as possible.
7.Now you need to add the extra wire to the white w/ black stripe wire like this .
(Don't worry about the wire that is still in your harness.you are "not" tapping into the white wire you are running it to your front lights now.)

(the yellow wire is my extra)

8.Now take the other end of the extra wire and tap it into the (green w/ orenge stripe wire) that goes to your front pass side turn signal (( but don't cut the wire )) just tap into it.
see pic below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers side:

1.do all the same but on the drivers side you will tap into the green wire " no stripe" and on the driver side you won't need to use extra wire.Just cut the white w/black stripe wire (that goes back into your fender)as close to the headlight as possible, it will reach.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
good job. Looks like something I'll be doing very soon. Thanks

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yes

:confused: yes you rock thanx man i could not get it lights would then wont
i will try this :cool: :) :p :D :eek:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ok, this might seem dumb, but we're talking about those side lights on the front of the car, right? In front of the front doors?

And if so, why do they just come on when you hit the remote entry? Or am I missing something?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
hubbard said:
Ok, this might seem dumb, but we're talking about those side lights on the front of the car, right? In front of the front doors?

And if so, why do they just come on when you hit the remote entry? Or am I missing something?
Thats them!

·
Registered
70 Posts
i didnt get to do it today, its what happens when you go to bed at 6am lol. Good thing i get another day off on thursday! YAY!

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I thought the side ones already came on when you turned the blinkers on. I seen a toaster the other day who turned their blinkers on and the side thingies came on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
caden_stargate said:
I thought the side ones already came on when you turned the blinkers on. I seen a toaster the other day who turned their blinkers on and the side thingies came on.
They alternate blinking with your front turn signals but do not stay on as running lights, which is totaly dumb because it makes it safer at night with them on so you don't get T-boned by some Dumbass!! (ok maybe I'm the dumbass that pulls out in front of people but still)
I'm totaly gonna have to rewire them today, thanks for the Post!!!:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
ok, so it took me a little while to get to doing it but I got em done today and they work great.
Thanks alot for posting the D.I.Y. Dave!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Man I did every thing turn on my lights & nothing, my freaking splice connector wasent piercing the wire insulation. 1 1/2hrs later I found the problem. checked the page about 30 times to see if I was missing something I wasent, every thing is as written. Just to save someone some time. Good writeup too by the way.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.