Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided i'm going to give up my beloved 02 jetta for an xB or an element. But first, I need to know some things that the dealer wont tell me. Has anyone had their box vandalized? Has anyone managed to flip theirs? Are there any mods I could do to an automatic to make it a bit faster w/o destroying my engine?

Any tips are appreciated.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
get an xb. and the dealer didn't tell me that the box gets so much attention. vandalized? well. get an alarm, don't rely on the stock ones. ive seen a it flipped, there's photos or videos somewhere here just do a search. to make it a bit faster, exhaust, intake and headers...but.. def pick an xb. or you can get the 08' t2b-ish but it won't be boxy like the classic. and welcome to clubxb.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
well no matter what car you get theres a possibility of it getting vandalized. nothing really to make the scion more prone to vandalism. as for the flipping i haven't heard too many stories about peeps flipping their box but it has happened. there are a few mods to do with out destroying your engine. an intake, a pully and exhaust are probably the 3 biggest ones yet it still wont be a drastic difference. our cars are mostly for style and not really for speed. hope other chime in and that this kinda helps. any more questions just let us know!
-James

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Everything these guys said, you need to do.

GET AN XB.

BTW, from what I hear, doing the whole I/P/H/E setup should give you enough power to keep you going. It's not going to be a race car, but you can surprise a few people out there with the extreme amount of off-the-line pep the xB has.

Oh, GET AN xB. ANYTHING pre 08, unless you want that silly looking thing.....

BTW, Get an xB, I won't respect you if you get that rubbery honda thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool.. Now i just gotta sell the POS vw and im good to go. Thanks for the good answers. And I was only considering the honda for room to carry my great dane. :)

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
The dane will fit in the box. ive had my Pit, a Rottie, a Sheltie mix and 2 St.Bernards in my car all at one time. the Rottie is like 4.5 feet tall has paws like an elephant. its the mega drooling monster of the world. literally is a safe expression here. then it was off for an amazing car wash!

the box is amazing tho, sometimes ive caught myself thinking... well thats not gonna fit... low and behold. its proved me wrong every time. i NEVER once regret getting my xb.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
This is a very bias place to come for an opinion such as this. I have never had any problems with vandalism, but I live in the crocked letter state.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i have less problems in the ghetto with vandalism that i did when i lived in a suburb nice HOA neighborhood. at least around the ghetto they respect that you never touch another mans car.

But ShortBus is right. if you asked a honda board if you should get an xB they would probably say no, get a honda. so of course we think its a great idea for you to get Scion. -=]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.