Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I came across a 2005 RS 2.0 with 83k miles, owner wants $5500. I use to have a Gen 1 but now have a 2013 Gen 2 10 series. Wondering whether this is a good deal or not. The car does have some upgrades such as TSW 17 inch wheels, lowered, intake. I’ve become use to the 2nd gen with power but do miss the boxy style of the 1st gen.

Thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would have to hope the mechanics, paint and interior would be close to immaculate for that money......or maybe it is RS. Does it have some of the cool dealer options? color changing stereo, footwell lighting, cupholder lighting, stb, etc......paid 3k for 04 5spd with 88k on it but it was pretty bare of optional stuff. did have door sills, shift knob/pedal covers and all 5 floor mats but that's about it. I dug it and had to have it anyway. I guess it has to speak to you. My other 2 rides get lots of rest nowadays because I like driving this thing so much. Go for it if you think it's worth it to you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He originally listed the vehicle for $6900 which I know is way overpriced. I ran a KBB valuation and very good condition with premium wheels and rear spoiler for a RS 2.0 comes to $5600. He came down to $5900, then $5700, but now is firm at $5500. The paint is in good condition except of course for some nicks and paint wear on the front bumper. He did say there is noise coming from the rear and more than likely the rear mounts or struts would have to be replaced.

The car does have aftermarket window visors and door sills, but no OEM front and rear mats. Additional mods include black projector headlights and fender flares.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds cool, especially if RS 2.0. I've done bunch of oem mods on mine including 06 wheel with working audio controls and even made it into RS 1.5 blue onyx pearl after junkyard trip finds making the audio control harness, lol.......if it works for you and you has the coin to spare I say get it. Mine was rescue box of sorts because it was on verge of having neglect issues due to it not being cared about much by previous owner. Now it gets the attention and care it deserves and has 3 other Japanese friends to hang out with.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m meeting the seller at a mechanic to make sure everything is safe and sound. I ran the carfax report and no accidents. Down the road I may change the tire size as it currently sits on 205/40/17. The car is lowered and I prefer more sidewall app the ride isn’t harsh. Tire Rack recommends 205/45/17 but I’ve read some posts that also recommend 215/45/17 or 215/40/17. What

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m meeting the seller at a mechanic to make sure everything is safe and sound. I ran the carfax report and no accidents. Down the road I may change the tire size as it currently sits on 205/40/17. The car is lowered and I prefer more sidewall app the ride isn’t harsh. Tire Rack recommends 205/45/17 but I’ve read some posts that also recommend 215/45/17 or 215/40/17. What

I forgot to add that the offset is 45

·
Registered
366 Posts
IIRC, mine is rollin on 215/45/17s and the ride is nice.....not lowered tho. My car is and is on 205/40/17s and there is noticeable difference in harshness but bigger won't fit on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts