Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a 2006 xB. It's about 7 days old and I'm going to have it for another 4 years 11 months and 22 days. This car is sweet but it lacks the power of the V8 I use to drive.

I guess this is an extremely broad question with many opinions, but which intake would be recommended for that extra power? Short Ram or Cold Air? Also, which company would you recommend? I see all kinds of options on certain auction sites, but I can't make a distinction between them. What do you all have and how good does it perform for you.

Thanks a bunch

Ps. many more mods to come.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
x2theB said:
Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a 2006 xB. It's about 7 days old and I'm going to have it for another 4 years 11 months and 22 days. This car is sweet but it lacks the power of the V8 I use to drive.

I guess this is an extremely broad question with many opinions, but which intake would be recommended for that extra power? Short Ram or Cold Air? Also, which company would you recommend? I see all kinds of options on certain auction sites, but I can't make a distinction between them. What do you all have and how good does it perform for you.

Thanks a bunch

Ps. many more mods to come.
Welcome to Club xB!

Umm, you may want to read this first..... :(

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f28/1800-aem-cold-air-intake-not-06-a/

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm researching and reading many many posts. I'm sure that there is something that will work better than the stock intake for the '06.

It seems that everyone is a big fan of the Fujita F5 Short Ram Intake. (not a bad price on bB) I would hope that the F5 would fit the 2006 even though it's built for the 2005. Looking at the Dyno for the F5 shows Horsepower and Torque DECREASES at low RPM, but it's for the tC not the xB.

Decisions, decisions.... Hey thanks for responding so fast!!

By the way, the xB is Black Sand and I plan on going with a bright green under the hood. **random thought**

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about the YDR. I like the Weapon R's intake. I'll do a few more days of debate before I put anything into action. Has anyone ever ran a dyno with a stock xB and the F5? I would be interested in seeing it if they had. Even though the F5 decreases hp and torque a low rpm, I'm leaning that way.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
V8 vs 4cyl... yea there's gonna be missed power :D I was sad about my missed power just from a v6 but my wallet loves me and so does my box.

I went with the fujita5 and soon it will be here and installed. I've heard very good reports about them

·
Registered
311 Posts
Misterflipper said:
I may be selling my Weapon R, its brand new...ill know this week if my credit passes for somethign else
i know why :) .. *cough* S/C *cough*

·
Registered
611 Posts
i know the fujita comes with instructions. but does anyone happen to have a diy on a short ram intake install as well? i want to be able to compare and contrast both instructions incase i mess it up. :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
just installed my fujita, and i like the way it picks up. doesn't feel like it's gasping for air as much. with this.

having trouble with the L bracket it comes with for the 06's and i dont think fujita provided me with the right screw to get the VSS on the bracket. anyone know if i used the wrong bracket or they did not supply me with one?

·
Registered
611 Posts
i think i know what you mean! hehe...

Cravin said:
I like the way the fujita pulls on the frwy. It makes passing a breeze.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I went with a short ram intake, one of the reasons i went with it is because the short ram has alost no twist's in the piping, its virtually a straight shot from the filter to the intake manifold making it way less restrictive

"it aint' the size that matters, its the motion in the ocean":p

IF you want power like your old V8 get nitrus or a turbo then you wont miss that old v8 power at all :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
polarproject said:
I went with a short ram intake, one of the reasons i went with it is because the short ram has alost no twist's in the piping, its virtually a straight shot from the filter to the intake manifold making it way less restrictive

"it aint' the size that matters, its the motion in the ocean":p

IF you want power like your old V8 get nitrus or a turbo then you wont miss that old v8 power at all :)

A longer cold air will work better than a short ram. The twists don't cause problems bends do. Twists will do absolutely nothing as far as real world gains on a car with less than 500 hp.

It is going to take a lot of turbo to match my old 172 mph V8 and 170 mph V8. Though commuting is a lot more fun when I don't have to pay $450 per tire and $50 for an oil change.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know which intake is the best for someone in Ca? Are there any intakes out there made specifically for an '06, I have a RS 4.0, I'm not sure if it's '06.5?

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Does anyone know which intake is the best for someone in Ca? Are there any intakes out there made specifically for an '06, I have a RS 4.0, I'm not sure if it's '06.5?
that would make it a '06.5 but in cali.....i cant help you there....too many laws and not many carb legal

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.